• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caleb90
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2019

hornady lnl ap linkage play

my lnl ap press that i do only hand gun ammo on has about 8-10,000 rounds through it. ive always noticed some play in the handle at the bottom of the stroke but just recently started looking at it. with ram up handle down i get alot of side to side play which in turn makes the sub carrier for the shell plate have about 3/16th of side to side play. i know there needs to be some play for every thing thats going on others wise it would bind, called hornady and they said its completely normall and other wise it would bind.. just seems excessive to me. any body else have the same press? let me know how yours is
  • imaguy3
    Warrior
    • Mar 2018

well... Hornady said it's fine... I have the same press and mine has some play, I can still churn out awesome ammo...

Comment

• Houston65
      Unwashed
      • May 2019

Mine is the same, but still loading Ammo that shoots sub moa in my .223 Wylde.

Comment

• SCJim
        Warrior
        • Apr 2019

Mine is over 7 years old and has play, and still makes fine ammo. All presses even a new from the box coax has to have play so the brass can align itself to the die. If the die is held rigid the shell holder allows movement, if the case is held rigid there is play in the die holder. If both were held rigid there would be case damage if there was even .0001 misalignment

Comment

Working...
        X