• 45C
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2019

123 ELD-X varget.

Last edited by 45C; 05-06-2019, 09:14 PM. Reason: Correction
  • Bfglowkee
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

While Varget works in the Grendel it is not ideal. Accuracy is solid but nothing spectacular and velocity is below average. I messed with 107s all the way to 129s and found it lacking in both categories when you compare charge weight vs other powders. If you want a good performing all around powder for your Grendel and useful in 223 and 308 as well I suggest AR Comp. personal opinion only but it does everything Varget does for me and better with very similar temp stability. I only load for bolt rifle.

Comment

• Rosecrans1
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

45C....................What manufacturer or barrel manufacturer are you using and what barrel length?
      I too have a very slow but very accurate pet load using 8208XBR and ELD-M's. (27.1gr 8208xbr/CCI450/ELD-M 123gr/Hornaday Brass). Nothing wrong with a slow but accurate load if you know it's limitations. Just keep searching for the faster long distant accurate load.
      If you haven't tried 8208xbr, I would strongly suggest it and maybe Benchmark as well. Just stay in the context of the published load data.

Comment

• 45C
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2019

Comment

Working...
        X