X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

CF, sounds like your problem rounds were reman loads? these grendel rounds should be a new components...
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
      CF, sounds like your problem rounds were reman loads? these grendel rounds should be a new components...
      They are. They have a vid of them being loaded on their auto press on the grendel Facebook group page.

Their tech says should have the pro hunter up for sale by next week. They are running 123 tmk's right now. Already finished the first run of 107tmk's I belive.

Comment

• hill37
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

Is the 123gr tmk new? I thought they only came in 107gr and 130 gr.

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
          Okay, so they had issues a few years ago. The question now would be if things have improved or not. Doing a Google search, what I am finding for problems with HSM rifle ammo are more than a decade old, posts dating back to 2008, though there is the usual gritching about various aspects and proclamations of HSM being outstanding. Maybe somebody has some more recent information, but by and large, I don't see any complaints about the ammo in the last decade that I would consider to be out of the ordinary from any ammo manufacturer. Some of the monumental claims, such as this one from 2008 where it was reported that "a rash" of AR15s having kabooms with HSM .223 was something a poster had heard, but apparently those AR15 owners didn't post on the internet themselves. https://mp-pistol.com/mp-ammunition/...-problems.html
          I have been using Hunting Shack ammunition for most of my life since they were just down the road from me. They moved to a new facility near Stevensville after they had a fire in the late 80's. I have known the owner "Bill" longer than than I care to admit. I used their pistol and rifle reloads when I first started competing in practicle shooting, until I started reloading my own. Nothing too great, but it was inexpensive and it always met velocity and worked. They are a big supporter of the Big Sky Practical Shooting Club, Bitterroot blasters and give great discounts for loaded ammunition and un-loaded components to any member. They sell ammunition to foreign military's and police agencies all over the U.S.. I have never heard of any local complaints about their ammunition, whether reloaded or newly manufactured ammunition. I did hear of a lot of complaints about the now defunct Bitterroot Valley Ammunition Company (BVAC) ammunition, which was a totally different company.

Comment

• Chev2500
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2018

Between me and a friend we bought 500 rounds of 338 Lapua from HSM about 3 yrs. ago, all new not reman. All shot very tight and no misfires at all.

Comment

• KC Huntin
              Unwashed
              • Mar 2017

Anyone find any of the new ammo and try it?

Comment

• 70sdiver
                Unwashed
                • Mar 2018

Originally posted by centerfire View Post
                I don't see HSM too much these days but a few years back most of the problems I saw with production ammunition at our local USPSA and 3 gun matches were HSM. Squibs in reman'd pistol and 223. No idea if anything has changed but they're on my list of ammo manufacturers not to buy from.
                I?ve got 2 box of their ammo absoulutly no crimp on any of them .I crimped them and they shot but that?s about it wouldn?t touch them again.

Comment

• MasterChief
                  Unwashed
                  • May 2019

Anymore news from HSM? I have been looking for the other loads they have on their website but all I could find was this:

Website listing:
                  107gr HPBT Matchking
                  120 gr Pro-Hunter
                  123 gr HPBT MatchKing
                  130 gr Match Hunting VLD

Comment

• Constitutionalist
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by 70sdiver View Post
                    I?ve got 2 box of their ammo absoulutly no crimp on any of them .I crimped them and they shot but that?s about it wouldn?t touch them again.
                    Interesting. I don't crimp any of my Grendel ammo. Never had an issue.

Comment

Working...
                    X