Does anyone remember when the first Wolf ammo arrived?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fess
    Warrior
    • Jun 2019

Does anyone remember when the first Wolf ammo arrived?

Does anyone remember when the Wolf 6.5 Grendel ammo finally began to be sold in quantity here in the US? Didn't Bill Alexander tell us that it was "in the works" in 2005 or 2006? I know that it was years before Wolf got around to making it, but I can't remember how many years. I was reading the Amend 2A thread and had a feeling of Deja vu.

Also, you know how it always seems to rain immediately after you wash the car? Well, I figure that starting another thread related to the "any day now" status of Amend 2A mags couldn't hurt.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I found the thread bwaites posted a link Wolf was in stock at AA, 08-2014.

The day has come, Wolf Steel case will soon be available in stores everywhere! Well, soon may be a relative term, but there are actually steel cases in the hands of those who need them to check loads and pressures. David Fortier reports that Wolf has been at the Big 3 meetings he and other members of the press are

That thread started in October of 2011 but I know there was discussions about Russian steel case ammo prior to that thread.

There is a similar discussion about a company promising a fifteen round mag for the Glock 48/43x and they have missed their published release date. This type of product announcement then delay in getting product out for purchase later than announced is very common.
    Last edited by VASCAR2; 08-17-2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Fess
      Warrior
      • Jun 2019

The imminent arrival of the Wolf Grendel ammo became kind of a running gag on this and a couple of other sites. I remembered that we waited for years, I just couldn't remember just how many. To be honest, I was surprised that it actually arrived. I guess this Amend 2A thing made me nostalgic....
      Last edited by Fess; 08-18-2019, 03:37 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
        I found the thread bwaites posted a link Wolf was in stock at AA, 08-2014.

The day has come, Wolf Steel case will soon be available in stores everywhere! Well, soon may be a relative term, but there are actually steel cases in the hands of those who need them to check loads and pressures. David Fortier reports that Wolf has been at the Big 3 meetings he and other members of the press are

That thread started in October of 2011 but I know there was discussions about Russian steel case ammo prior to that thread.

There is a similar discussion about a company promising a fifteen round mag for the Glock 48/43x and they have missed their published release date. This type of product announcement then delay in getting product out for purchase later than announced is very common.
        VC2:

When did the Wolf 123 grain soft point hit the US? It was the first factory loaded Grendel ammo to be marketed in the USA. I believe it was before 2K10?

LR55

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I think the Wolf 123 grain Soft Point hit the US in around 2009. I have a picture of a test target dated 10-12-2010 where I shot the soft point in my 16" 6.5 Grendel. I was curious about the PPU 110 grain FMJ and I found the thread where I ordered some PPU 110 grain FMJ and PPU 120 grain HP BT from Graf's on 8-1-2015. I think it hit the retailers about a week before I ordered the PPU to test.

I still have the Wolf 123 grain SP boxes I might check to see if there is a date with the lot number.

I checked and the Wold 123 grain Soft Point boxes had slip of paper with the lot number and date code which are no longer in the boxes.
          Last edited by VASCAR2; 08-18-2019, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X