• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Gusmeister View Post
    I am still to cheap to buy a Labradar. Besides, the guy I know who has one does not like it and I hear that it too is kinda picky in use... no free lunch.

But in keeping with the "moodiness" of skyscreen chrono's.... I was out in full sun yesterday testing some new loads for a Glock 40. The afternoon sun was casting a shadow from the forward sky screen onto the rear eye. The shadow was moved out of the way by elevating the front of the chrono by an inch. I adjusted by shooting from standing and matching the downward angle. I expected roughly 1,300 fps. But the chrono read over 1,600 fps for 2 shots. Good grief!!! I'm a good reloader but not that good. So the chrono was leveled back on the table and angled away until the shadow was not covering the rear eye. All four 5 shot tests ran about as expected from mid to high 1,300's.. Just had to share that story. You just can't make this stuff up.

I concur that the best time to use a chrono with natural light is on an overcast day. If you can wait that is.
    just got back from the range today with another happy magnetospeed session.
    easy-peasy.
    In, shoot, get data, out and back home.
    Just sayin'...!!

what's that commercial?.... "Not sorry!!"
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
      just got back from the range today with another happy magnetospeed session.
      easy-peasy.
      In, shoot, get data, out and back home.
      Just sayin'...!!

what's that commercial?.... "Not sorry!!"
      Have to agree. I have the sporter version and for my usage it's as perfect as I could ever hope for.

I shoot a public ranges 99% of the time. The fact I don't have to call a cold range to setup the graph is worth more then what I payed for my unit.

Comment

Working...
      X