• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hawk518
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2019

Did IMR quit producing?

Looking in all the local gun shops and on line ..... NO ONE has IMR8208XBR. Finally worked up a 5 touching group at 150 with 120gr seirra matchking over 8208 and now no one has the powder!! Any suggestions for a small stick powder that has about the same results. Weather is changing so i need something that temp doesn't effect it much. Thanx
  • Lemonaid
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

All my usual sources are out of stock. Strange. Fall hunters getting ready for the hunt making a spike in available supply?

Don't know how temperature sensitive they are but I've had very good accuracy with Win 748 and Power Pro varmint with the Sierra 120 MK and Sierra 120 Pro Hunter.

Comment

• delt475
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2019

Cabelas has it. I just bought some from my local store. Just checked online and it says back-orderable. 1-2 week wait

Comment

• Hawk518
        Unwashed
        • Aug 2019

thanks Lemonaid i just happen to have 3/4 of a pound of 748 but i haven't tried it with sierra Mk i know it didn't work well with hornady eld about 1.5 groups at 100. But my barrel is kinda fussy with hornady ammo it hates 120 eld and does OK with 123 eld. I will load up a few different weights and give it a try.

Comment

• Hawk518
          Unwashed
          • Aug 2019

no local cabelas so that would be $60 a pound in 2 weeks for me. thanks for the info Delt!!

Comment

• delt475
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2019

Originally posted by Hawk518 View Post
            no local cabelas so that would be $60 a pound in 2 weeks for me. thanks for the info Delt!!
            No it won?t be $60 a pound. Cabelas only charges $20 hazardous shipping. Doesn?t matter if you order 1 or 10 pounds. Unfortunately they don?t sell the 8lb jug. I just checked doing a ship to home order. 3lbs was $115. $90 for powder, $5 tax, $20 hazardous. Not the best pricing but you are correct it?s out of stock everywhere.

Hope that helps

Comment

• Tex74
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2018

I sent IMR/Hodgdon a message earlier this month about lack of IMR 8208 XBR, There reply was:
              Due to high demand some of our powders have sold out before next shipment is ready. We are expected to get another shipment out this month (September). We would suggest placing a backorder if possible to get on the list. Thank you very much for choosing our powder.
              I have a 1/2 a pound myself my rifles preferred powder with 123gr SST Bullets.

Comment

• Bayouhunter1960
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2019

I’ve have plenty of IMR & Hodgdon powder for all calibers I shoot but after reading this I decided to check availability of my newest favorite powder AR Comp and found most of the suppliers I checked were listing it as out of stock. Hopefully we won’t see another shortage as we’ve seen in past years. Grafs has less than five 8 pound jugs in stock. Midway, Midsouth, Brownells, Powder Valley Precision loading we’re out of the 8# jugs. Some suppliers listed 1# in stock. Good luck on you search.

Comment

• Mitdr774
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2019

AR-Comp around here just recently started becoming available in 1 pound cans. A few places have had the 8 pound jugs for a while though. I just cant commit to 8 pounds until I know what to expect.

Comment

• Labrat198
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2018

My local store typically has the 1 pound cans in stock. I have been on the waiting list for when the 8's come in, but its been several months now.

Comment

• SightedIn
                      Warrior
                      • Jun 2016

Cant speak for the whole country but since the ammo import ban and background checks here in Cali a ton of people switched to reloading so most of my go to powders dried up at all the LGS

39 million people in Cali, maybe were dryin up the country...sorry

Comment

• Rosecrans1
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2019

I also noticed it's hard to find online however..................I can't get the smile off my face this morning!
                        I went to a local small gun show about 25 miles from the house. Went to the only real powder/reloading vendor there was. He had none out so I asked about it and sure enough, his wife pulled out a couple one pounders marked on sale at 29.99 each. Lot numbers were the same. Added only Pa sales tax so I got them both for $63.58. I would have paid this much for one lb online based on there higher price, a 20 dollar hazmat fee and 8 bucks shipping.
                        I'm stocked up now on it since I did most of my loads with it for both my 6.5 Grrr's.
                        I love that little gun show!

Comment

• Hawk518
                          Unwashed
                          • Aug 2019

your lucky i did find a 1 pounder for 36 plus 8% tax and i bought it from the fking crook. supply and demand sux!!

Comment

• FLshooter
                            Chieftain
                            • Jun 2019

My local bass pro shops had 2 lbs of it in stock last week.It was some ridiculous price of $38.99 or something close,I don’t remember. But I tried to price match it at $27.99 from Natchez . But it wasn’t in stock so they wouldn’t do it ,so I passed on it.I’m not paying that much money for it .I’ll just wait till Natchez has it in stock and is running a free shipping special. That way I only pay $20 for hazard.
                            For now I’ll just keep using my H335

Comment

• A.D.D. AR
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2014

Guys-
                              Powder Valley Inc shows XBR 8208 in stock, and not at rip-off prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X