• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JustinB
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2017

Barnes Vor-tx Grendel ammo?

Has anyone saw or tried the new Barnes Vor-tx loaded ammo for the Grendel yet? Says it uses a 115 gr ttsx bullet. I couldn't find a 115 grain bullet listed in their components for 6.5 caliber, only the 100 and 120 that they have had for a while. I'm wondering if that bullet is only available in loaded ammo and if it's designed to open at the lower velocities of the Grendel?
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Haven't even heard they was bringing out grendel ammo.

Got a link to where you seen it?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

So found it on their website. Says it's loaded with a 115 grain ttsx bullet.

So they cut a custom weight ttsx for their load. Hopefully they gave it the LRX treatment and lowered the expansion limit to around 1600 fps.

Hopefully it will be available for less then 30 bucks a box of 20 rounds.

Comment

• JustinB
        Unwashed
        • Jul 2017

It's on Barnes's website under ammunition then Vor-tx rifle ammo

Comment

• hill37
          Warrior
          • Apr 2017

Here you go.http://www.barnesbullets.com/ammunition/vor-tx-rifle/

Comment

• Labrat198
            Warrior
            • Nov 2018

The 115 grain is under the TAC-TX components section. The Load data has not been posted for the Grendel on Barns website.
            Last edited by Labrat198; 11-12-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Labrat198 View Post
              The 115 grain is under the TAC-TX components section. The Load data has not been posted for the Grendel on Barns website.
              Their website lists it as a 115 grain ttsx in their vor-tex load.

Comment

• Mitdr774
                Warrior
                • Jul 2019

As far as I can tell the TTSX and TAC-TX bullets are the same except for the picture on the package.

Comment

• GunsAreFun
                  Bloodstained
                  • Feb 2019

This I am very interested in. The Barnes stuff has been wicked accurate in my 556 ARs.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Mitdr774 View Post
                    As far as I can tell the TTSX and TAC-TX bullets are the same except for the picture on the package.
                    pretty much. Seems to me even Barnes is not quite sure what they've got, no BC, no ammo info, no bullet info. Lol. Could be a good one for the Grrr.
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

Barnes has a 6.5mm 100 TTSX and a 120 TTSX. Rather than a 115 TTSX, I would have gone with a 110 TTSX if they're going to load it in Grendel. Those solid copper bullets take up a lot of powder room the Grendel doesn't have to spare.

Sometimes I tell myself to just pretend that these people know what they're doing and try not to look a gift horse in the mouth!
                      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                        Barnes has a 6.5mm 100 TTSX and a 120 TTSX. Rather than a 115 TTSX, I would have gone with a 110 TTSX if they're going to load it in Grendel. Those solid copper bullets take up a lot of powder room the Grendel doesn't have to spare.

Sometimes I tell myself to just pretend that these people know what they're doing and try not to look a gift horse in the mouth!
                        If they would have happened to put the LRX Cooper treatment to this 115 grain bullet it should be a winner.

I'm not going to buy their ammo due to price per box, knowing Barnes it's going to be high.

But if they sell it as a loading component and it has the same anneling treatment the LRX bullets have it might be something nice.

Comment

• outbreaker
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                          If they would have happened to put the LRX Cooper treatment to this 115 grain bullet it should be a winner.

I'm not going to buy their ammo due to price per box, knowing Barnes it's going to be high.

But if they sell it as a loading component and it has the same anneling treatment the LRX bullets have it might be something nice.
                          I used the 120gr and gave up on it. It would drive tacks but unless it hit bone it was a small hole in and out. I had a lung shot doe bed up in a location I could watch her but not get a second shot........it took almost an hour for her to finally expire. I was afraid if I moved I would jump her out of her bed, so I just watched he bedded up and while she was not in pain I still did not like it.

I moved back to 120gr NBT and never looked back. Consistent performance at grendel velocities.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by outbreaker View Post
                            I used the 120gr and gave up on it. It would drive tacks but unless it hit bone it was a small hole in and out. I had a lung shot doe bed up in a location I could watch her but not get a second shot........it took almost an hour for her to finally expire. I was afraid if I moved I would jump her out of her bed, so I just watched he bedded up and while she was not in pain I still did not like it.

I moved back to 120gr NBT and never looked back. Consistent performance at grendel velocities.
                            You kind of missed the whole point of my post sir.

See my comment about the LRX copper treatment.

Comment

• grayfox
                              Chieftain
                              • Jan 2017

If it's a tipped version, which it seems to be, then it supposedly would open up down to 1800 ft/s...
                              Me, I'd limit myself to mid-2100's 'cause I want some margin.
                              To echo BFT a 110 ttsx would be the absolute way to go... but,,,,,,,
                              maybe they have some "military intel" guys working for them lol!
                              "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X