Mid-South hornady 123 gr bthp same as 6.5 grendel American gunner bullet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trdjohn
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2019

Mid-South hornady 123 gr bthp same as 6.5 grendel American gunner bullet?

I am finally getting around to reloading for my grendel. Only have shot 123 gr Black ELD-M, and 123 SSTs thru it. Starting to look for tangent target bullet.

Are those the same as the American gunner ammo bullet?

Reason I ask, it's a decent price, but they seem to be MidSouth exclusive? I don't seem to find them any where else. So are these usually available or are they hit/miss if I come back 3 months or 6 months later looking to buy more? If availability is spotty, I'll start elsewhere.

I can find the Nosler CC for just a few bucks more, for same amount, but they seem to be stocked at many major online retailers.
  • middle man
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2013

I purchased 500 of those bullets last month, packaged in 250 poly bags (not Hornady retail packaging). It’s the same 6.5 123 HPBT bullet that Hornady loads in Grendel American Gunner. Best guess is Midsouth purchased these bullets in bulk and repacked them in 250 count units for resale. Midsouth does the same with Hornady brass. Hornady sells most all their reloading components in bulk cases, but you rarely find the full bulk packages for sale at retail (the 6000 count cases of 223 bullets are the exception).
    Last edited by middle man; 12-31-2019, 02:47 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

I have tried them as well.Not quite as accurate or consistent as Sierra MK 120grainers.But,for around 1/2 the price,they are great for target practice.I had gotten 250 before Christmas along w/cases when they were taking 10% off total orders $110 and up.Wish I,had gotten 500.

Comment

Working...
      X