• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bayouhunter1960
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2019

AR Comp Out of Stock seems to the norm.

Ive settled on AR Comp as my go to powder even though I have plenty of Blc2 and H335 my online searches Midsouth, Midway, Graf & Sons, Natchez, Powder Valley netted zero in stock. I found Precision Reloading had one 8 pound jug in stock @ $211.42 I placed my order this morning. They did have 1 lb bottles in stock but the 8lbs will last awhile. Shipping and hazmat fees $41.39.
    I’ve been hoping to catch a free hazmat but they are always out of the AR Comp. I did find 2lbs locally if 35 min drive each way is local at $35 per pound. Which is robbery in my opinion.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Select armory online had it instock. Not sure about now. I got my last 8 pound jug from them.

Prices on everything is going up and products will continue to be out of stock. The election is drawing closer.

Comment

• 1Shot
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

And IMR 8208 to that out of stock everyplace also. I talked to a fellow in a pretty good sized gun shop Monday and he said that sales of everything from components through firearms has been unreal the past six months. He has worked there for over 30 years and said that he has never seen sales like this before. They did not have anything I was looking for.

Comment

• FLshooter
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2019

Bass pro shops has AR Comp most of the time. I believe it’s $34.99. That where I got my last 2 lbs.They’ll match it with a lower price I find on my AmmoSeek app.I believe I ended up paying $26.99 + tax per lb.

Comment

• Bayouhunter1960
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2019

Only after I order 8lbs from precision reloading does Brownells list a ARComp in stock with free shipping over $49.00!

Comment

• Popeye212
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Bayouhunter1960 View Post
            Only after I order 8lbs from precision reloading does Brownells list a ARComp in stock with free shipping over $49.00!
            Welcome to my world..

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Bayouhunter1960 View Post
              Their free shipping code doesn't work for powders.

Comment

• Bayouhunter1960
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2019

Sorry I didn't it run it through the shopping cart. I had an email from Brownells stating they had AR Comp in stock after opening it to their website and assumed the advertised free shipping code L6S was for all their products. I run it through checkout this morning and the code wouldn’t apply that’s called false advertisement IMO. I reopened their email this morning it states this message has no content.
                Precision firearms didn’t charge a state tax so I ended up saving compared to Brownells.

Comment

• A.D.D. AR
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2014

Guys-
                  Midsouth Shooters supply shows AR Comp in stock now.
                  Cheers!

Comment

• burnsy13
                    Bloodstained
                    • Sep 2017

Yeah Midsouth just sent out emails saying they got a bunch of Alliant powders back in

Comment

• GjGary
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2018

Ouch AR Comp $227
                      Walked in LGS 8208 and AR Comp $190 a jug, $200.45 OTD
                      They had everything in stock, too bad they don't ship.
                      2 days earlier was a little north and picked up cci450 case $155. Great local suppliers

Comment

• Bayouhunter1960
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jan 2019

8 lb jugs are already out of stock showing back order ok! That was quick you would think that Midsouth would order a larger quantity. Glad I have 8lbs coming in on Tuesday.

Comment

• Moose69
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2019

The Sportsman warehouse has had it off and on, all I can recommend is to keep and eye out for it and be ready to buy when you see it.

Comment

• Mesa1978
                            Warrior
                            • May 2015

Powder Valley

Alliant AR Comp Smokeless Powder. Buy at Powder Valley, the Reloading Superstore. Best Prices Guraanteed.

Comment

• Bayouhunter1960
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jan 2019

My 8lb jug of AR Comp came in today along with 300 123ST’s. I had about 1-1/2lbs left in the jug I’ve been using. I’ve been using a load out of the 6.5 Grendel books by Drifter 27.7grs at a COL of 2.230”. This load for me has been a great deer killer this year taking taking (3) 8pt whitetail deer & 1 doe. Three dropped on the first shot and my last one took a second shot due to me not wanting him to get away. I’m good for the year and loaded 100rds this past evening. The 123 SST is accurate in both of my Lilja AR Grendel’s with this load so I plan to start ordering several hundred 123 SST every few months.

Comment

Working...
                              X