• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drykilned
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

6.5 Grendel reloading Handbook Volume 2

Are there any plans for a supplement or new book to contain the newer bullet load data for bullets such as Nosler's 129 grain ABLR and 142 grain ABLR? How is it decided to use G1 Vs G7 ballistics on these loads?
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Those bools took a lot of work when there was very little data out there for the Grendel. Now they stto own, ill have a lot of great data and are highly recommended. I would like to see some updates to them but not sure it will happen.

Nosler has data for the 129gr LRAB online and in their latest manual. The 142gr is long enough that velocity suffers from the longer bullet and seating depth limitations. Might be worth it for some but the 129gr does work well with the GRR.

As to G1 or G7, the G1 ballistic model is based on a flat based bullet and the G7 model is a boat tail bullet model. If both are avauable use the G1 for flat based and G7 for boattail bullets for best results.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

We've had 129gr ABLR in the 2nd Printing of Volume II for years now.

It's on page 78. Most of the Volume IIs out there are the 2nd Printing.

I recommend Bryan Litz's work on G7 BCs if you haven't seen it yet for those who are pushing the distance (like myself).

A general rule of thumb is to use G7 drag models in your program (if it has that feature), when shooting past 600yds.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
      X