• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Letmwork
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2019

90gr TNT

So i have found some success with the 90 TNT. My question to the group is what has everyones experience been with length and jump? Are they finicky?
  • 65GbySeven
    Warrior
    • Dec 2018

Love the Speer 90 TNT. You can't beat a $0.18 projectile for plinking and varmits that shoots 1 MOA. Have a load worked up with H335 at 30 GR 2.200 COAL Hornady Brass CCI 450. Shot this load from 12", 16", & 18" and hovered around 1 MOA in all three. It is a less than max load according to Speer by 2.0 Grains. I will be working up a H322 load for my 16" this summer.

Comment

• Letmwork
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2019

Well i found a decent node with 29.5 IMR 8208 with BR-4 primers at 2.195 COAL. With 120 SMKs i find thar COAL doesnt make much of a difference. I am wondering if the 90 TNTs are the same.

Comment

• Lemonaid
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Letmwork View Post
        So i have found some success with the 90 TNT. My question to the group is what has everyones experience been with length and jump? Are they finicky?
        The situation with the short length, flat based bullets is that in most cases you won't be able to load close to the lands as the bullet will be out of the neck or only in a insufficient amount. They seem to do well accuracy wise despite this, so not finicky in my limited experience.

Comment

• biodsl
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2011

I did very little load development with my Moscow Match TNT load. I almost immediately found a charge and COAL. Based on my experience and what I've read from the Hoard it seems like it's an easy bullet to load.

Speer_MM_.jpg
          Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• mel
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2019

32.5g of pro power varmint cci #400 2.195 oal @3050fps is my goto load

Comment

• FLshooter
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2019

I used 90 grain tnt to hunt FL hogs w/ my Grendel.I have a criterion barrel and it likes a .020 inch jump. You have to experiment with that barrel.Anyway 90 g tnt work good

Comment

• 1075 tech
                Warrior
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                I did very little load development with my Moscow Match TNT load. I almost immediately found a charge and COAL. Based on my experience and what I've read from the Hoard it seems like it's an easy bullet to load.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15587[/ATTACH]
                Bio,

That was using the factory powder IIRC, yes?

I have several boxes of the projectiles I picked up cheap off another forum and a few cases of the Wolf steel to do the same thing. Hoping to find a decent load for my 18" and wood chucks.

Comment

• biodsl
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2011

Yes. Shot out of a Black Hole Weaponry 22". I did a bit of an OCW test. Not the fastest load but a good shooter.
                  Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Harpoon1
                    Chieftain
                    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by mel View Post

32.5g of pro power varmint cci #400 2.195 oal @3050fps is my goto load
                    Last edited by Harpoon1; 03-02-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Harpoon1
                      Chieftain
                      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by 65GbySeven View Post
                      Love the Speer 90 TNT. You can't beat a $0.18 projectile for plinking and varmits that shoots 1 MOA. Have a load worked up with H335 at 30 GR 2.200 COAL Hornady Brass CCI 450. Shot this load from 12", 16", & 18" and hovered around 1 MOA in all three. It is a less than max load according to Speer by 2.0 Grains. I will be working up a H322 load for my 16" this summer.
                      Last edited by Harpoon1; 03-02-2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• lazyengineer
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2019

In my experience this is by far the most forgiving bullet in Grendel. I have gone through three barrels so far, and most loads of all the other bullets I've tried, most of the time are 2 MOA or worse. Some, much worse. Yet with the TNT 90, it's typical for me to get 1 MOA 5 shot groups at 200 yards, with this bullet. It's a great little bullet. I don't know for sure, but I'm beginning to think that a more blunt-nose bullet like the TNT, is more forgiving to throat jump, than a more sleek pointy shaped bullet. Or more simply, better BC bullets, require better barrels to shoot. And the TNT 90 is the other end of that spectrum.
                        4x P100

Comment

• Harpoon1
                          Chieftain
                          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by 65GbySeven View Post

Comment

• mel
                            Chieftain
                            • Nov 2019

20 inch wilson barrel

Comment

• Harpoon1
                              Chieftain
                              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by mel View Post
                              20 inch wilson barrel

Comment