• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobUrban
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2018

Group Buy Range Report Sierra 130gr TGK 8208xbr

Loaded up some rounds using the 130gr tipped game changer over 8208 xbr using Sierras load data. Pretty good results under minute of angle and 2380fps [20inch barrel]. Not sure the expansion threshold but for target shooting seems like a shooter. On sale on midway usa 26 cents per round.

• Javman
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

Good vid and stats!

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Connersville! Go Hoosiers!!! I grew up in Marion.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Lemonaid
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

+1 nice vid. Thanks!

Comment

• JTB
          Bloodstained
          • May 2020

Great test. You are a more experienced reloader than myself. Seating at 2.29 and no pressure signs do you think you could work up to 26.6 or 26.8 and creep that velocity into the 2400 FPS range to make that a more viable hunting bullet? Obviously depending on accuracy. 26.4 looked great. Did you get a lot of compression on these loads? I have not yet loaded with XBR and am just curious. I just picked up a box of these to load as well. I am loading with ar comp at the moment.

Comment

• bruceleroy
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2015

This is a viable round for hunting at the current velocity. At 300 he should still be around 1941 fps and 1087 ft/lbs. That meets all manufacturers expansion threshold and will still be good for smaller game , such as deer, out to about 450ish.

Comment

• JTB
              Bloodstained
              • May 2020

Originally posted by bruceleroy View Post
              This is a viable round for hunting at the current velocity. At 300 he should still be around 1941 fps and 1087 ft/lbs. That meets all manufacturers expansion threshold and will still be good for smaller game , such as deer, out to about 450ish.
              I guess what I meant was if you could work up the velocity and still stay under a minute it would be even more viable for hunting at longer ranges with possibly even better expansion. But 300-400 is a stretch so it is probably not needed. I was just thinking out loud.

Comment

• RobUrban
                Bloodstained
                • Jul 2018

I didnt work up any higher because I didnt seem it safe to do so. Could you possibly, but I assume you would he over sammi max. I would have no issue using them on deer with the loads in this video at practicle hunting ranges.

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2018

@RobUrban

Didn't know you (Rob's Reloading) were a member here. I posted one of your videos a while back. It was 120 GD and 90 TNT expansion video. Thanks for making it!

Comment

• RobUrban
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2018

I enjoy making the videos and it is a good way to document my reloading adventures. I am by no means a master reloader, but I think the videos may be helpful to others loading for the grendel.

Comment

• bruceleroy
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by RobUrban View Post
                      I enjoy making the videos and it is a good way to document my reloading adventures. I am by no means a master reloader, but I think the videos may be helpful to others loading for the grendel.
                      Heck yeah they are! I got into the Grendel, in part, because of you. Now its my favorite round.

Comment

Working...
                      X