• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brian y
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Once fired brass

So i have been shooting different factory ammo the last few months and I know there is a lot of demand for Hornady once fired brass so how about other brass?, Like Nosler, Federal, PPU, and also the new Hornady Frontier Cartridge, Are they worth offering for sale or should I just sell them to the local metal recycler.
    NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member
  • tdbru
    Warrior
    • Dec 2019

brian y,
    i take it you don't reload? or you just don't like Hornady brass? hornady brand seems to be the most common. afaik the most desirable brass at the moment is Lapua. if you don't intend to reload, see if anyone will buy it from you here.
    -tdbru

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Comment

• brian y
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by tdbru View Post
        brian y,
        i take it you don't reload? or you just don't like Hornady brass? hornady brand seems to be the most common. afaik the most desirable brass at the moment is Lapua. if you don't intend to reload, see if anyone will buy it from you here.
        -tdbru
        I do not reload but I do like Hornady ammo they are what I shoot 90% of the time, I recently purchased two new barrels and have been trying out different factory ammo in them to see if I like them and this post was to see if their is an interest in this brass for reloading and if so I will offer them for sale. I sell on my Hornady brass at what I think are fair prices and if their is a market for it I will offer the other brass for sale, I was just looking for info.

Thanks VASCAR2 good info just what I was looking for.
        NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member

Comment

• centerfire
          Warrior
          • Dec 2017

6.5 Grendel Nosler brass is made by Nosler.

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Comment

• nawagner
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2018

I think they will have some value as once fired. Most of the brands you mentioned have a good reputation in other calibers so no reason to think they won't be in Grendel. If it's easier for you you can just send them to me so you don't have to mess with it!

Comment

• centerfire
                Warrior
                • Dec 2017

When Nosler first started selling Nosler brand loaded ammunition they purchased their brass from Norma. I have a bunch of the early brass in 223 Remington and 243 Winchester and it is excellent. However, when Nosler purchased SSA they brought all brass manufacturing in house. As far as I know Nosler has always made their 6.5G brass themselves in the new plant that went online around three years ago.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Good info centerfire, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X