X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mesa1978
    Warrior
    • May 2015

27.7 grains magazine length, yes compressed, 450 primer, works in both my Shilen from Midway and PF Lilja, Hornady or Lapua brass. Good grease stains on target, but quite accurate at the same time.

Comment

• Grendelshooter
      Warrior
      • Jun 2017

Tagging this for later...

Comment

• Gtscotty
        Bloodstained
        • Jul 2019

I don't have any official data on AR-Comp in the Grendel, but having used it in .308 with good results, I started playing with it in the Grendel in Quickload. Velocity results were good, and testing showed good accuracy as well. After some load development with 123gr ELDs and 129gr Interlocks in my lightweight 16", I wound up with the loads below. Pressure seems ok, and the velocities are similar to those predicted in QL, and are pretty good for this rifle.

Comment

• FLshooter
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2019

Comment

• Bobke
            Warrior
            • Dec 2015

Having come from a pretty steady diet of CFE223, some testing over time with 8208 and now AR Comp, will steadily migrate my loading for 223/6.5GR/308 over to AR Comp. Have had very good results with the former two powders, have no issues with them, but ARC just seems to work in broad modes with 6.5GR. An older lot's sweet spot with 123gr Sierra's was 27.2, new lot is 27.4, both of which layer well into the comments noted in above posts. If I can sort out posting pics, my two Satern barrels really take to ARC, and am testing further in Bartlein 20, Wilson Combat 20, JP18 and AR319 Lilja. Have always been in search of one load to fit all, have gotten close with CFE, but have the feeling ARC may be the 'one'.

Comment

• doktarZues
              Unwashed
              • Nov 2019

That's my neck of the woods.. I've been to Spacecoast bullets before. Felt like I was walking into Barter Town from MadMax.

Hey folks appreciate all the data. I've had such great luck with 8208 I haven't messed with anything else, but heard lots of great things about AR Comp and 6.5 grendel so looking forward to getting some going. (My local range is closed until further notice so not sure when). If I think about it I will come back and give this thread an update.

Comment

• cwlongshot
                Warrior
                • Mar 2018

Comment

Working...
                X