Clear All
  • FLshooter
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2019

Ammo shortage 2020?

• Mesa1978
    Warrior
    • May 2015

I have a couple hundred loaded, could load for many years to come. All the ranges are closed though.

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Mesa1978 View Post
      I have a couple hundred loaded, could load for many years to come. All the ranges are closed though.

Comment

• Mesa1978
        Warrior
        • May 2015

Everything here is under non-essential/social distancing including ranges of all types. Hope I get to resume before my vision gets even worse.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

But because of the ammo manufacturers having to run a skeleton crew and working limited because of the virus and producing less ammo. It has caused a panic among gun owners.
          Actually, the panic started well before this. When TP started running short, ammo was disappearing from the shelves and people were complaining about it, but manufacturers were still going strong. This was well before social distancing and 'essential' workers had been proclaimed.

No doubt there will be shortages to come, but right now you can find plenty of ammo on Ammoseek.

Like you, I still have ammo from 2012.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• mel
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2019

only thing in shortage here locally is actually 9mm/5.56 loaded ammo and small pistol primers , other then that my local place is stocked as can be , walked in on my b-day and bought a hellcat osp , the only 9mm ammo they happened to have was 25rd boxes of 147g xtp's so i grabbed a few of those to go with my newest carry gun , sucks a lil bit cause i put atleast 50rds a week down range out of each one of my carry guns so thats been toned back quite a bit , but i atleast have a decent stock of cheap 9mm range ammo and atleast 2 mag fulls of good ammo for each one of my handguns for the time being

i dont reload for 9mm but ive been slowly picking up compnents for it as i find them to stash away for if this continues
            Last edited by mel; 04-04-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• FLshooter
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post

Like you, I still have ammo from 2012.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                Chieftain
                • Sep 2013

Right! When I need to buy more isn't when I get low. You buy to maintain a given level, not because you are running out.
                Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• mdewitt71
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2016

I am still sitting on ammo cans from before the 2008 and 2016 shortages.....
                  Stack deep and shoot often; that's my motto haha.
                  ― George Orwell

Comment

• BCHunter
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2018

I would say most people who frequent any firearm forums, or reloaders are adequately stocked.
                    But i have friends who only buy A box or two before they go to the range ????,...they are just figuring out supply is low.
                    Had a buddy ask me yesterday what to look for in an AR15? I told him one in stock at the store.

Comment

• centerfire
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2017

The bigger problem with runs on ammo is the manufacturing supply chain stops producing reloading supplies to fill loaded ammo demands. Specific types of powder have been hard to get over the last three years anyway, I think they're going to get even harder to find. The current demand is probably going to be short lived but all of the common types ammo in the country were bought up in two weeks and that will certainly trickle down.

Either way, if today is the day you decided to stock up on either components or load ammo you're behind the eight ball.

Comment

• Grendelshooter
                        Warrior
                        • Jun 2017

Comment

• 1Shot
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2018

It is a shame how people have gotten so careless with the "instant gratification" train of thought and life. They never prepare for anything down the road. They live from pay check to pay check purchasing every little want that they really can live without. Living like the country folk where I live have a saying, "living above their raisings". I was taught as a child how to prepare for "what if" times. My Grandfather once told me that during the big depression it had been going on for a couple years before he heard about it. It did not change his life much. He was a farmer and raised everything he needed to feed his family. He and friends bartered for each others goods and services. I was taught by my parents how to can food. I have deer meat and potatoes and beans etc. canned and stored for times such as this. Ammo and other necessities to last a good while. I have learned how to budget and save and do without so I could own my own house, auto's etc. without being in debt for very long or not at all. We have become a spoiled society. One of my college professors had a very true saying that he drilled into his students heads. "Prior preparation prevents poor performance". I have found this to be so true in life. So when this mess all settles down, and I pray it is soon. I hope people have learned some lessons.
                          Last edited by 1Shot; 04-09-2020, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Chev2500
                            Bloodstained
                            • Aug 2018

2012? I have ammo, primmers and AR's from the shortage in like 1991!

Comment

• FLshooter
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X