• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hivemessiah
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2019

130 gr Nosler Accubond

I have several boxes of Nosler 130gr Accubond that I havent done anything with.Not much info with it other than 6.5CM.
    From my research so far Im thinking that I will start development around 26 gr of CFE and work up.
    Does anyone have any Grendel specific experience with THIS bullet?

Thanks in advance folks.

This is for an AR platform.Started out as a project out of my parts bin.
    Turned into my favorite rifle to shoot.

20" "Monster" barrel(65grendel.com group buy)5e profile,1/8

BCA upper

Aero gastube

Aero LPK / -FCG

"OhHunt" random amazon MLOK handguard

SuperlativeArms agb

SOTA billet lower

RA140 drop in FCG/antiwalk pins

Magpul stock

Random ebay ergo pistol grip

Slidefire carbine buffer/spring(not bumpstock,just branded parts)

Bushnell Forge 2.5-15
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

I did some loads with that one, the 129 ablr and 129 sst a couple years ago for a howa 20" bolt gun.
    All 3 shot about the same.
    26 sounds too low to start.
    Nosler has data for it, 129/130 page. CFE is 29.0-31.0.

CFE was my powder. most loads for all 3 bullets tweaked in around 30.5-30.8 grs in hornady brass, cci450's.
    ymmv of course.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• 1Shot
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

I have not loaded any 130 AB in the Grendel but it is THE bullet for my 264 Win. mag. 27 3/4" Shilen barrel on Rem 700 action using Retumbo 3350 fps with sub MOA accuracy. Like using a laser beam to shoot deer across those huge soy bean fields. It is an AWESOME bullet for this screamer. It flies like the ballistic tip starts to open up like one but holds together and keeps on trucking better than the Partition does. Out of more than two dozen deer I have shot I only recovered one bullet. It was from a buck that was shot at 111 yards that was almost facing me with a slight left shoulder angle at me. Bullet enter front edge of scapula went lengthwise of deer and was found against the smashed right ball socket in ham. Text book mushroom and weight was 87 grs. Bullet still had to be doing over 3000 fps on impact. I have shot deer as close as 25 yards and as far as a touch over 500 yards and it exhibits the same performance no matter the yardage. I have not had a deer do more than spin around or stager about 10 feet before going down for good. Most go down like the ground was jerked from underneath them. LVR and AA2520 have a good reputation for this weight bullet in the Grendel. I started working with 130 Sierra HPs but along came the 120 Speer Gold Dot and I found quickly it worked for me and I did not pursue the 130s further.

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

I use the 130 accubond in the 6.5-284 and it works very well, in the Grendel I prefer the 129gr LRABs. Like GreyFox said somewhere around the 30.2 to 30.8 of CFE223 works well. I have had good accuracy with it in my grendels at 30.6. LRAB shoots well with the sane charge as does the 130gr Berger AR Hybrid

Comment

• heyyouguesswho
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2017

I enjoy the heavier bullets for Grendel as well. I've used 130 Accubond, 129gr ABLR and 130 Berger AR OTM Hybrids. Have used CFE223, Leverevolution and am now playing with AR Comp. CFE223 at 30.6 is quite good and gets damn good velocity, I've lit it with BR-4's and 450's. If you want really good shot-to-shot consistency and don't mind losing a little velocity, AR Comp around 26 grains is remarkably consistent. Totally temp insensitive. I get best AR Comp ignition with Fed GMM 205M or 205MAR primers.

-Aaron

Comment

Working...
          X