• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GREYBUFF
    Warrior
    • Nov 2018

Homemade Wet Brass Tumbler

Just finished my (found on the side of the road) treadmill wet brass tumbler. Total cost: $30.00 for SS tumbling media, and about 4- 3/32 welding rods. All of the steel, motor, controls and wiring came from the "found" treadmill. The motor (1.5hp) & controls give about 20 to 2500 rpms. It's usually run at a very low speed.
    The 5" drum will hold 200+ GRENDEL or .223 cases, 5lbs of media and the liquid. I will be looking to build an 8" drum once I find a piece of scrap pvc water pipe.
    I've already polished several hundred .223 and 200 9mm. Works great!
    Being retired, these kinds of projects help fill my days, are very rewarding and saves me money.
    Next project is a "treadmill" run drill press, so I can have better speed control.
    Attached Files
    I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Pretty sweet

Comment

• nawagner
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2018

That is pretty cool! I love when items are repurposed.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Very cool. I'm about to get into wet tumbling, but I never found a treadmill on the roadside so I just bought a Frankford Arsenal unit....
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• rabiddawg
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2013

I love it!
          Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• 1Shot
            Warrior
            • Feb 2018

Cool. Now you need to find a microwave that the turn table still works and make you an brass annealing machine. Check out YouTube on this. It is nice to have a PHD from the university of spit, bailing wire and duct tape.

Comment

• GREYBUFF
              Warrior
              • Nov 2018

Originally posted by 1Shot View Post
              Cool. Now you need to find a microwave that the turn table still works and make you an brass annealing machine. Check out YouTube on this. It is nice to have a PHD from the university of spit, bailing wire and duct tape.
              Already built one using a motor off of EBAY, plus junk I had laying around.
              I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2013

I thought about using a motor from a ice cream freezer.

Slow and it will stop if it gets in a bind.
                Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Doorman63
                  Unwashed
                  • Jan 2019

I used a 5 gallon bucket, an old garage door opener motor and some random garage door parts to build one a couple years ago.

Never perfected it......bought the HF double drum for $40 instead.

Comment

Working...
                  X