• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Chance-dg View Post
    Just picked up a lb of AR Comp......the loads on the internet are all over the place. I don't trust em. Loading 123g ELD M and 120g Pro Hunters. I also have CFE 223 and TAC. I have read that AR Comp is the new go to powder for the Grendel in the 120 to 130g range but can't find much published load data. Thoughts and help from the hoard please. Does anyone us AR Comp and what are your thoughts of the powders on hand. I have worked up ladders of CFE and TAC with the 123 ELD Ms but haven't shot them yet. would like to add Comp and compare these loads but.....
    " "I would like a starting point"
    Like LRRPF52 said start at 25.0 and work up. You never know when you might run into a situation like ' OldSoldat' where he is blowing primers at 26+ grains. That 's the first time I have heard of that happening at that low of a charge, but better to be "safe than sorry". I found my sweet spot with the ELD M at: 27.5gr(C-Products mag)-CCI 450 primers- Starline brs- 2.270 oal (though I load by "base to ogive"). If I remember, that puts the bullet .010" off the lands. MagnetoSpeed shows just a tad over 2500fps out of my 18" barrel from sanders armory. Good luck, be careful.
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• newb
      Warrior
      • Feb 2015

Below is someone posting their results on YouTube.

I did Federal 205M primer, new Starline brass, AR-Comp, 120 gr ELD, 2.26 COAL.

I showed a tad more pressure signs @ 27 gr than he did (26.9 gr) but with 50 to 75 fps or so higher velocity. 22" JP barrel.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by newb View Post
        Below is someone posting their results on YouTube.

I did Federal 205M primer, new Starline brass, AR-Comp, 120 gr ELD, 2.26 COAL.

I showed a tad more pressure signs @ 27 gr than he did (26.9 gr) but with 50 to 75 fps or so higher velocity. 22" JP barrel.

https://youtu.be/MxF8ewVmWsE
        He is useing a diffrent primer and case then you, it's going to be diffrent.

Rerun your ladder now that your cases aren't new, case capacity changes now that they are formed to your chamber.

What's the jump for this bullet in your chamber at 2.260 coal?

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Newb,

+1 with A5.

75-fps out with several factors different is perfectly normal. Different barrel, temperature, primer, batch of bullets, chronographs and case volumes.

Comment

• newb
            Warrior
            • Feb 2015

Gents,

I see I lacked at separating out the info in my post.

The linked vid was for more info examples for the poster to check out.

My data should have been listed out separate.

The part I just happened to have in common with the guy in vid is the point where pressure signs were.

I haven't gotten my loading notes out of their boxes (from moving) so I don't have distance to land measurements handy.

Comment

• outdoorgeneralist
              Unwashed
              • Feb 2019

I've shot my best Grendel groups with AR Comp. Love the stuff. Trouble is, I haven't been able to find much in a while. On my last 3 lbs at the moment. Here's the last load workup I did with it:

Comment

• newb
                Warrior
                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by outdoorgeneralist View Post
                I've shot my best Grendel groups with AR Comp. Love the stuff. Trouble is, I haven't been able to find much in a while. On my last 3 lbs at the moment. Here's the last load workup I did with it:

https://youtu.be/L2uw5wsB8Zc

I check almost daily. Good news = Midsouth recently has it back in stock.

I don't recall what previous price was but for some reason I think the price might have gone up possibly $15.....

Last edited by newb; 05-21-2020, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• Lemonaid
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2019

OG, from the video I gathered that 8208 was your best performer? At any rate congats on some good shooting!

Comment

Working...
                  X