X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FloorPoor
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2020

I only use a light crimp on the cannelure for hot loads in revolvers. I once had a S&W 686 .357 lock up (9gr. unique, 125gr. xtp...way too hot for a S&W!! I now only shoot this load in a Ruger Blackhawk) when a bullet jumped and bound up the cilinder. I've been crimping revolver loads ever since.

I've never used a crimp for rifle ammo.

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
      Warrior
      • Jan 2014

Comment

• gwtx
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

I have been using the FCD for 6 or 7 calibers ever since I started reloading over 20 years ago. I've never had a bullet look like that. I HAVE had some that had more crimp than needed when I didn't follow the instructions that come with the FCD. I'm not an expert on the subject(probably shouldn't even comment) . I reload so I can better afford to shoot hogs. That's pretty much all I do anymore. Don't need extreme accuracy, but I like to get the loads as good as I can. My equipment is not the most expensive, but if I do my part, it produces single digit spreads. I can tell that the neck tension is not the same on my cases when seating the bullet, and I think the FCD helps make the tension more consistent. Don't know if that's right or not, it's just the way I do it, works for me.
        When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• Bronz
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2018

Deforming the bullet. I would say yes.

Comment

Working...
          X