• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwtx
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

Which mags are longer?

Which of the 10 round mags will allow loading out longer than 2.25 ? I have a C-Products that is a little longer than the Elander I have, but I understand there are others that allow longer loading as well. Most of my loads are 2.248 to 2.255, but I am working on a load for the 120gr GoldDots, and loading out to 2.27 or a bit more is where I need to go to get the jump I want. Thanks for any and all comments. Gary
    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Cpd/duramags and asc/arstoner mags will give the most.

I can run 2.280 in my CPD high cap mags and 2.290 in my 10 round cpd mags.

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

Asc mags are about the same size as the C product mags.I size the bullets for my RAP At 2.270 inches.And both mags handle them without a problem.

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

ASC used to advertise a internal dimension of 2.290. I can't find it on their website any longer.
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• 1Shot
          Warrior
          • Feb 2018

ASC and I pretty sure that the Midway ARStoner mags are made by ASC both allow me to load 2.275 with the Gold Dot were I found my accuracy.

Comment

• gwtx
            Warrior
            • Feb 2019

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking I had read some posts relating to those dimensions,,but couldn't remember . I loaded some rounds to 2.272 and had one that didn't feed. It hung up on the feed ramp, but the rest of the 10 rd C-Prod fed fine. I backed off to 2.270. They shoot pretty good (GD 120) there, but I want to see if they'll do better a tad closer to the "kiss". If not, they are plenty good for hunting at 2.270. I need another magazine anyway, and I think I'll try an ASC.

Any experience with the " D & H " I've seen advertised recently?
            Also, have seen a " DuraMag" ? Thanks again, Gary
            When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• treed
              Bloodstained
              • Jul 2016

Duramag is C Products I believe

Comment

• 1Shot
                Warrior
                • Feb 2018

Check with Midway. As I said their ArStoner mags I am sure are made by ASC. I have been using them with no problems. When I checked the other day they had them in stock at a good price. They may even have a free shipping deal going on. They have one for a few days about ever month and usually on holidays.

Comment

• gwtx
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2019

Originally posted by treed View Post
                  Duramag is C Products I believe
                  Probably changed the name because of some bad publicity.
                  They look identical to the ASC mags. Thanks for the input.

Comment

• gwtx
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by 1Shot View Post
                    Check with Midway. As I said their ArStoner mags I am sure are made by ASC. I have been using them with no problems. When I checked the other day they had them in stock at a good price. They may even have a free shipping deal going on. They have one for a few days about ever month and usually on holidays.
                    The Stoner, C-Prod, and ASC all look alike. Does ASC make'em for all? hmmmm.

I found some ASC 10rd "FDE" at GunMagWarehouse for a good price, and shipping was only $ 4.99. My rifle is not "FDE", but I figured that would help me keep the mags separate. I will keep my shorter loads in the black mags(C-P & Elander), and the longer loads in the FDE (ASC) mags. Thanks for the input

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by gwtx View Post
                      Probably changed the name because of some bad publicity.
                      They look identical to the ASC mags. Thanks for the input.
                      Couple of years ago asc and the old c-products defense mag company had a bad fall out over some bad business dealings.

The company today known as CPD/Duramag is a diffrent company.

But yea the mags are going to look the same, not to many things on the physical shape of the mag that can be changed and still be a grendel mag.

For what it's worth, I started with ASC mags, then went to elander (hated them) now use the cpd/duramags.

Asc and the newer CPD mags have been the best of the metal grendel mags for me.

Comment

• gwtx
                        Warrior
                        • Feb 2019

Thanks A5. I remember reading some of the "stuff" about C-Prod a while back. I have one of their 10rd I bought a couple years ago and it works fine. The Elander 10rd I have is working ok, but still feels like it has the spring out of box car, even after keeping it fully loaded for about 2 years. I had to file the front opening to get clearance for the bullets coming out.
                        I ordered an ASC. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by gwtx View Post
                          Thanks A5. I remember reading some of the "stuff" about C-Prod a while back. I have one of their 10rd I bought a couple years ago and it works fine. The Elander 10rd I have is working ok, but still feels like it has the spring out of box car, even after keeping it fully loaded for about 2 years. I had to file the front opening to get clearance for the bullets coming out.
                          I ordered an ASC. Thanks for the info.
                          Lol. If you think the elander springs are stiff, you should try the springs in my SIX8 pmags. My god they are ridiculous.

I cut them down so I could run 30 rounds out of them and they still have as much upwards tension as most grendel mags I have dealt with.

Comment

Working...
                          X