• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armadillo66
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

Good friends give good friends ammo

I am staying at my folks home right now caring for my mother who is in her final time at age 90 and my dad while spry and sharp is 94. I took a break yesterday afternoon and visited one of my youngest brother's friends who lives about a mile from my folks. We were sitting out in his garage drinking a beer and he said. "Don't you shoot 6.5 Grendel?" "I got you a present and handed me a sealed 200rd Hornady American Gunner case.
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Most excellent.
    It can be tough as your parents age but the time you get to spend there will be precious.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• 1Shot
      Warrior
      • Feb 2018

Good on you for taking care of your parents. Yes sometimes it can be ruff but you will cherish the memories later. I took care of both of my parents. Mom was 6 1/2 years older than dad and was in the worst of health of the two but both lived to be 93. Dad made it to almost 94. That was really nice of the fellow to give you the ammo. When I was 12 years old I worked my butt off mowing, putting up hay, working in tobacco etc. to make the money to purchase my first high power rifle. It was an unissued 1903A3 Springfield that cost $40. My cousin was in the National Guard and when he went to muster every month he would bring me a 200 round can of ammo for the Springfield. Most of it was black tip AP. Shot good in that rifle.

Comment

Working...
      X