X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knitepoet
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2020

Tweaking the burn rate so that 30.6gr gives 2281 from a 12.5" barrel & using the default case capacity shows/predicts the pressure being 53,680PSI

30.6 cfe223.jpg

Dropping the charge to 30.1 is predicted to give 2238fps and develop 50,820 PSI pressure

30.1 cfe223.jpg

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
      Warrior
      • Nov 2018

What is "Gordons"?

Comment

• BehindEnemyLines
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Happy2Shoot View Post
        What is "Gordons"?
        Gordons Reloading Tool.

Comment

• empTshell
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2018

I finally had some time to test out my load of 30 grains of CFE223. Shot just under an inch out of my 18 inch barrel at 100 yards. I do not have a chronograph and there were no signs of over pressure.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by knitepoet View Post
            Tweaking the burn rate so that 30.6gr gives 2281 from a 12.5" barrel & using the default case capacity shows/predicts the pressure being 53,680PSI

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17410[/ATTACH]

Dropping the charge to 30.1 is predicted to give 2238fps and develop 50,820 PSI pressure

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17411[/ATTACH]
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• knitepoet
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2020

LRRPF52, if you've got a problem with me, that's fine.

HOWEVER, if you look at the post directly above mine, that you quoted, Rippr334 specifically asked, "Can someone run those numbers in QuikLoad and see how they look?"
              Which is EXACTLY what I did. And instead of expecting people to take my word for it, I screen shotted them both, so folks could see for themselves

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by knitepoet View Post
                LRRPF52, if you've got a problem with me, that's fine.
                I'm not reading whatever "problem" you seem to be. His post was rather matter of fact. I think, knowing him as I have come to, that his use of your post in quote was a rather easy way to bring the topic he was discussing down thread, and is an easy way to illustrate his point.

Have you done any tweaking to Grendel in your QL? If not, then I'd learn from his comments, as what he said was rather informative. QL can be great, but for Grendel it isn't off the shelf ready. And he knows this not only because of years of experience, but because he was there when Hornady did the actual instrumental data collection. To say his words carry more than the average weekend keyboard Joe's, is an understatement.
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                X