• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobUrban
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2018

Range Report Nosler 130 RDF, H4895

Just returned from my honeymoon in Antigua, and loaded up some rounds today with H4895, CCI 400 and the Nosler 130 gr RDFs in my 20" group buy Monster Barrel. Hornady Brass is on its 7th firing, pretty beat up and gonna be tossed after this loading. RDFs loaded at 2.300" max mag length. Managed at 0.661" 5 shot group at 100 yds, 10.7 fps SD just over 2300 FPS. funny thing the other 3 groups I shot today were 1.5" and up.

• mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

very nice , how are u loading them so long in an ar ? slotted mag ?

Comment

• RobUrban
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2018

My c products mags measure to about 2.31 inside. These loaded ar 2.300 just barely clear the tips of the bullets.

Comment

• mel
        Chieftain
        • Nov 2019

i might have to pic one of those mags up for testing my asc mag only alows me 2.270 and my pmags only allow me 2.250

Comment

• RobUrban
          Bloodstained
          • Jul 2018

My mag did require slightly tweaking two flaps on the top of the mag (used a small file). These were denting the brass slightly when feeding. This did did not change the oal accepted, just fixed slightly dinged brass.

Comment

• Lemonaid
            Warrior
            • Feb 2019

Rob you do a very good job on your vids, good data, short and to the point, interesting to watch.
            An interesting test you might consider is using some CCI 450 primers vs CCI 400 primers and see what happens to the SD.

Comment

• tdbru
              Warrior
              • Dec 2019

Rob,
              what brand and where did you get your brass catcher. looks like what i'm looking for.
              thanks,
              -tdbru

Comment

• RobUrban
                Bloodstained
                • Jul 2018

Thank you for the kind words. I enjoy making the videos and helps keep very good records of loads.. I plan to pick up some more 450 primers as soon as I get a chance. I had some when I first started reloading and haven't been able to find any since. I have thought about trying the cci #41 as well and just haven't got around to it since I have a big box of the cci 400. The brass catcher is just an Amazon special. I think it was under $10 dollars on Amazon. It sure beats searching the ground for brass.

Comment

• Cereal Thriller
                  Bloodstained
                  • Feb 2019

Some good data collection, great video.

I myself am currently shooting 129gr SST with OAL of 2.276" leaving me .003" off the lands with plenty of room in my steel mags. Ladder testing OAL and powder charges last year led me to this point. I need to grab my chrono from my buddies and go do some more testing.

Feels great when you find that magic recipe.

Comment

Working...
                  X