• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Briano23
    Warrior
    • Jul 2019

Bullet sorting before seating.

I'm looking at various ways to improve accuracy and wonder it anyone sorted there bullets by lenght before seating.
  • riuma
    Warrior
    • Jun 2018

No. I don't. If you arent' getting good accuracy I'd look someplace else in the loading chain.~Ruima

Comment

• FRB6.5
      Warrior
      • Oct 2018

Some Benchrest, ELR and F-class shooters sort projectiles on length (OAL and base to ogive). But those are games where any advantage no matter how small is pursued.

Measure and sort bullets using Sorteez. Make each shot consistent during shooting competitions, hunting, and more. Shop online today!

There are likely better uses of your time (load development for YOUR gun, consistent press operation, consistent powder charges etc.) unless shooting one of those disciplines.

Comment

• Briano23
        Warrior
        • Jul 2019

Thank you.

Comment

• Bobke
          Warrior
          • Dec 2015

Comment

• bruceleroy
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2015

That is definitely a road less traveled, and for good reason. The returns on the time invested is so small, even if it was helpful, that your powder throws and annealing could have made up the difference. Or maybe your rifle will like a different brass, primer, powder combo.
            When Brian Litz finally starts sorting brass and bullets then maybe I will start. He took virgin brass and off the shelf components and won 3rd at F Class Worlds. He claims to never weight sort brass or bullets. He is very meticulous on powder throws though. He also doesnt do ladder tests or OCWs.

Comment

Working...
            X