IMR 8208 anyone having problems locating it right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharpshooter33
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2016

IMR 8208 anyone having problems locating it right now?

I picked up some awhile back, but a buddy of mine was looking and he can't find any in stock at our normal spots. Anyone else having problems lately with 8208?
    Yes I'm having problems finding it
    0%
    No no problems finding it here
    0%
    Don't care or already have enough so haven't looked
    0%

The poll is expired.

• A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Sheels shows they have 1lb jugs instock but in-store puck up only. No shipping

Comment

• Popeye212
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2018

Picked up 1lb. today along with some 2000MR. He was out of small pistol primers though except for the magnums. Gun range outside of Tyler don't think they ship

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
        Warrior
        • Nov 2018

Ripoff $31/lb

Shop IMR 8208XBR - 1 lb online today! Find all of your ammunition, reloading supplies, reloading components, reloading equipment, gun parts and accessories and more at Lohman Arms!

Comment

• Lemonaid
          Warrior
          • Feb 2019

I went to a local sporting goods store today. The had CFE 223 which is what I was looking for so got a few lbs. They had 8208 and most of the other powders except AR comp. Hardly any primers but still a pretty good selection of bullets.

Comment

• ported45
            Warrior
            • Feb 2018

Picked up 2# of 8208 and 2# of H4350 last week. Only thing they were out of that I was looking for was CCI 400's.

Comment

• FLshooter
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2019

Last edited by FLshooter; 08-05-2020, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Cereal Thriller
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2019

Yes, took me several weeks to get my hands on some. Finally dropped in mid week to a local place and they had 3 1lb jugs available. I bought 2 of them commenting to him I am not greedy or hoarding supplies, let someone else enjoy reloading as well.

I have started using it in my 5.56 and will most likely switch over to it as well in my .308.

Comment

• Rosecrans1
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2019

Found in two local shops while not even looking for it two weeks ago. (Central PA)

Comment

• gwtx
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Happy2Shoot View Post
                    That's been the going price around here since before the "hord". I paid $33.52 for a pound of 335 recently in Corpus Christi TX, and was glad to get it,,,,,well, sorta glad. 8208 has always been scarce in these parts. When I asked for it at one store, they didn't know what I was talking about
                    Last edited by gwtx; 08-06-2020, 03:32 PM.
                    When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by gwtx View Post
                      That's been the going price around here since before the "hord". I paid $33.52 for a pound of 335 recently in Corpus Christi TX, and was glad to get it,,,,,well, sorta glad. 8208 has always been scarce in these parts. When I asked for it at one store, they didn't know what I was talking about
                      Same here. Only one place that sales powder around my area and unless it's a powder they have been stocking for years, they just look at me crazy like they have never heard of it.

Ofcourse these redbeards think you need a 300 win mag to kill a 90lb doe lol.

Comment

• Old Bob
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2019

I chose "already have enough." I don't know about now but they had plenty of 8208 at Cabela's in February. I got 2 pounds back then. That will last me awhile while I experiment with different powders.
                        I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• dammitman
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2012

its all fake news,,,,,till you cant find your powder, bullets, or primers,,,,,,,

Comment

• gwtx
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2019

Found some arcomp at a lgs today. Don't know how much they had, there were 3 one pound bottles on the shelf, along with a good supply of a lot of other powders. The price was about $4 higher than the last I bought(at a different store). Sales tax made it $41.12 a pound!!!!!!!!! . I only bought one. I shouldn't have bought any. I have other powders, other rifles and components that I can use. I will go back to shootin hogs with my 5.56/.223. I really enjoy shooting the Grendel, but not at these prices. As long as we pay the price, it will continue to go up.
                            When a man's ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Comment

• Cotay
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2017

It's out there in local stores but apparently scarce with online vendors. My lgs is still getting regular shipments of it. I picked up a few pounds late last week. Got some CFE223, RL15, RL16, and Lil Gun as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X