• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Briano23
    Warrior
    • Jul 2019

Looking for diy wet tumbler ideas

l'm think of switching from my dry tumbling to wet tumble.
    One thought is to build the wet tumbler with a windshield wiper motor and I was wandering it anyone might share there thoughts or plan to build one with a wiper motor.
  • Lemonaid
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

I like the looks of this design. https://youtu.be/nJb-0ukMIII
    The nested buckets means the drive bucket dose not have to be water tight, the one inside I would get one the gasket sealed screw on lids for ease of opening for loading and unloading. Something like this will be my first attempt at home brew. Not sure yet of the means to attach agitators inside so that everything doesn't just slide, Perhaps PVC glue would hold/bond them well enough.
    Last edited by Lemonaid; 08-18-2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• MichaelSChittum
      Unwashed
      • Jun 2020

Comment

• Briano23
        Warrior
        • Jul 2019

Thanks.

Comment

• 65GbySeven
          Warrior
          • Dec 2018

Completely inspired by this thread so...I tried to make one without spending a dime, mission accomplished. As vile as anything you have ever seen. Start to finish, 2 hours 15 minutes.

Tested with 35 pieces of brass. Took Klem's approach of start low and work your way up. Goal is 100 pieces, but I am not going to increase in Klem-crements of 2-3%. Probably go to 70 then 100 once I add some proper "Fins" to help them agitate a little more then add pins. If it holds 100 pieces, I'll add some more braces and screws and remove the clamps along with proper wedges for the angle.

Just have to order pins and Lemi Shine, but I would have to do that if I spent $100+ for a professionally manufactured tumbler so I didn't include them in my budget.

Link to videos.

Overall.jpg
          Container Support.jpg
          Drill Adapter Cut Off Wheel.jpg
          Waterproofed Lid.jpg
          Speed Control.jpg

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

[QUOTE=65GbySeven;267361]Completely inspired by this thread so...I tried to make one without spending a dime, mission accomplished. As vile as anything you have ever seen. Start to finish, 2 hours 15 minutes.

Tested with 35 pieces of brass. Took Klem's approach of start low and work your way up. Goal is 100 pieces, but I am not going to increase in Klem-crements of 2-3%. Probably go to 70 then 100 once I add some proper "Fins" to help them agitate a little more then add pins. If it holds 100 pieces, I'll add some more braces and screws and remove the clamps along with proper wedges for the angle.

Just have to order pins and Lemi Shine, but I would have to do that if I spent $100+ for a professionally manufactured tumbler so I didn't include them in my budget.

65G7:

Wish BFT would give me some sort of prize for the most unique post of the month. Yours would win.

Personally I will stay with my 25 year old Dillon vibratory tumbler but for a bodged together contraption, yours is a winner!

LR55

Comment

• GREYBUFF
              Warrior
              • Nov 2018

Here's mine

Built from a found on the side of the road treadmill......
              Attached Files
              I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• Briano23
                Warrior
                • Jul 2019

I rifle brass i usually tumble anywhere for 50 to 200 round at a time.

Comment

• 65GbySeven
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2018

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                  65G7:

Wish BFT would give me some sort of prize for the most unique post of the month. Yours would win.

LR55

Comment

• joedirt199
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2015

I just soak mine in large coffee tubs with dawn, or car wash soap, and citrus clean. Shake every once and awhile, then rinse with clean water. Tumble in media with car polish for sizing ease and drying.

Comment

Working...
                    X