• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

Shooters World Tactical loads for 90-100 grain bullets

I emailed Shooters World yesterday about getting some data on their Tactical powder for the 6.5 Grendel 90-100 grain bullets. I was contacted back by Ken Johnson this morning wanting to know which bullets I was interested in so they could do some testing. I told him the Hornady 100gr ELD-M, the Sierra 107 HPBT, and the Speer 90 HP TNT. I figure that the load range for one bullet would pretty well cover all of them. At least it would give me a place to start.

I remember someone on here asking about Tactical powder so I thought I would see if I could find out some loads as I am interested also. When I hear something back with data I will post it.
  • Harpoon1
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by jasper2408 View Post
    I emailed Shooters World yesterday about getting some data on their Tactical powder for the 6.5 Grendel 90-100 grain bullets. I was contacted back by Ken Johnson this morning wanting to know which bullets I was interested in so they could do some testing. I told him the Hornady 100gr ELD-M, the Sierra 107 HPBT, and the Speer 90 HP TNT. I figure that the load range for one bullet would pretty well cover all of them. At least it would give me a place to start.

I remember someone on here asking about Tactical powder so I thought I would see if I could find out some loads as I am interested also. When I hear something back with data I will post it.
    Last edited by Harpoon1; 09-03-2020, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• jasper2408
      Warrior
      • Jan 2019

I have always heard back from them when I had a question. Usually within 2-3 days. I was surprised that I got a response from Ken himself. I guess time will tell if they get me the data or not.

I just emailed them about the Buffalo Rifle data you talked about to see what they say. Will let you know when/if I hear back from them.

Comment

• Harpoon1
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2017

I have always heard back from them when I had a question. Usually within 2-3 days. I was surprised that I got a response from Ken himself. I guess time will tell if they get me the data or not.

I just emailed them about the Buffalo Rifle data you talked about to see what they say. Will let you know when/if I hear back from them.

Comment

• jasper2408
          Warrior
          • Jan 2019

Hopefully they will respond with some data.

Comment

• jasper2408
            Warrior
            • Jan 2019

I noticed that Shooters World has a new reloading manual posted on their site (8/31/20). I noticed it does have some new load data for Buffalo Rifle powder(not for the Grendel) and nothing for Tactical and the 6.5 Grendel in 90-100 grain bullets yet. Figured it might be a couple of months for the Tactical data.

Shooters World distributes smokeless powder and propellant to reloaders and competitive shooters. We have a variety of pistol, rifle and shot shell powders.
            Last edited by jasper2408; 09-10-2020, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Harpoon1
              Chieftain
              • Dec 2017

I noticed that Shooters World has a new reloading manual posted on their site (8/31/20). I noticed it does have some new load data for Buffalo Rifle powder(not for the Grendel) and nothing for Tactical and the 6.5 Grendel in 90-100 grain bullets yet. Figured it might be a couple of months for the Tactical data.

https://shootersworldpowder.com/

Comment

• jasper2408
                Warrior
                • Jan 2019

One of his "Holy Crap"s would work here too.

Comment

• Harpoon1
                  Chieftain
                  • Dec 2017

One of his "Holy Crap"s would work here too.

Indubitably!

Comment

• jasper2408
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2019

Yeah JRB has definitely influenced my language.

I never really paid much attention to Buffalo Rifle powder before and I didn't realize how fast a burning powder it is. I did notice that the original loads in their previous load manuals were for straight-walled rifle cases though.

I am guessing that the Tactical data will go from 22-23gr for the low and might go as high as 30-31gr but going to be safe and wait and see what they show.

Comment

• Harpoon1
                      Chieftain
                      • Dec 2017

Yeah JRB has definitely influenced my language.

I never really paid much attention to Buffalo Rifle powder before and I didn't realize how fast a burning powder it is. I did notice that the original loads in their previous load manuals were for straight-walled rifle cases though.

I am guessing that the Tactical data will go from 22-23gr for the low and might go as high as 30-31gr but going to be safe and wait and see what they show.

Comment

• jasper2408
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2019

Cool, glad you were able to get some useful info.

Comment

Working...
                        X