• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluetick
    Bloodstained
    • Aug 2020

remington primers

Can't get my usual CCI primers in small rifle. All they have is Remington. I've never used these. Some say they are 'softer' than the CCIs. Anyone use these?
    Whaddy think about them?
  • Bobke
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

Comment

• bluetick
      Bloodstained
      • Aug 2020

will do. thanks.

Comment

• Harpoon1
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by bluetick View Post
        Can't get my usual CCI primers in small rifle. All they have is Remington. I've never used these. Some say they are 'softer' than the CCIs. Anyone use these?
        Whaddy think about them?

Comment

• tdbru
          Warrior
          • Dec 2019

Rem 7 1/2 are not thin cup primers. they're equivalent to a small rifle magnum primer. Rem calls them a benchrest primer. use them without concern. i use them for my Gr loads. as Bobke mentioned, you may need to re-work your load data, however, as the probability of various manufacturers primers being identical with respect to powder ignition is low.
          -tdbru

Comment

• jasper2408
            Warrior
            • Jan 2019

I use the 7 1/2 with no problems in my AR and bolt gun. Below is the primer specs that I found somewhere.

Comment

• 1Shot
              Warrior
              • Feb 2018

It is the Rem. 6 1/2 that are the ones to stay away from. They are made for rounds like 22 hornet and have much thinner cups than the 7 1/2. The 7 1/2 is a great primer for the Grendel and is ARs safe.

Comment

Working...
              X