X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jbo3434
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2020

My bolt is 2.812 firing pin is 3.2775 face depth is .136 would this be causing pierced primers?

Comment

• Cornbread
      Warrior
      • Dec 2015

You are using the wrong primer. In an AR you should use the cci 450 or 41. Fyi I got up to 28.1 gr with a 123 gr eld.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Jbo3434 View Post
        My bolt is 2.812 firing pin is 3.2775 face depth is .136 would this be causing pierced primers?

Comment

• Scout175
          Bloodstained
          • Sep 2020

No worries Jbo. I'm still learning this caliber so glad to hear your experience just the same.

Comment

• Scout175
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2020

Successful hunt with the partition 125 over 26.7 AR-Comp. with 20 inch AR. 100lb doe quartering away at 95 yards; shot her behind the shoulder, clean pass through the far shoulder. She made it 7 yards with excellent blood splatter marking the way. Still not sure the velocity yet but I'll try to get at that this weekend. I did a thorough cleaning, oiled up the spring, fine tuned the gas block - ejector marks on brass seem a bit lighter, primers still round. Showed the brass to my local gunsmith and he did not seem concerned. I'm also getting similar marks on factory ammo. Hoping some of the sharp edges will soften with more rounds going down range. I get my suppressor this week so it will be interesting if I will need to adjust the gas block some more.

Comment

Working...
            X