X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

10x is in the books. Recovered all 23 today. Normally they would go straight into the tumbler but I wanted to check the primer pockets first so I decapped them. All are a go!

IMG_20210501_144509_copy_424x437.jpg

On to Eleven (in my Nigel Turned voice)
    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• mel
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2019

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
      10x is in the books. Recovered all 23 today. Normally they would go straight into the tumbler but I wanted to check the primer pockets first so I decapped them. All are a go!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17805[/ATTACH]

On to Eleven (in my Nigel Turned voice)
      i just ran 50 pcs of geco from 6.5 down to 6mm atleast the first step anyways need to trim and run them into the die one more time

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• lazyengineer
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2019

Interesting that they lost neck tension. I'll have to watch for that. I'm only up to about 5 firings so far. I haven't annealed any either.

Have you tried sizing them without the expander ball? Bet you get more neck tension back that way. Or at least enough for one more plinking-usage cycle.
          4x P100

Comment

• StoneHendge
            Chieftain
            • May 2016

Originally posted by lazyengineer View Post
            Interesting that they lost neck tension. I'll have to watch for that. I'm only up to about 5 firings so far. I haven't annealed any either.

Have you tried sizing them without the expander ball? Bet you get more neck tension back that way. Or at least enough for one more plinking-usage cycle.
            I thought about sizing the necks again without the expander ball but figured I didn't want to push my luck. I've still got close to 250 that were 2-3x as 6.5 and another 200 I sized as 243 but haven't fireformed. The 23 went in a ziplock and into the back of the closet for a true SHTF stash.

One thing I should note is that the neck in an LBC chamber is tighter than a Grendel chamber, so the brass necks never expanded as much as they would have in a Grendel chamber.
            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• mel
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2019

im going to anneal mine since im going to fast track a few pieces and ill see if they get any more life , they were annealed once when i went from x39 to 6.5g , i did not aneal them before loading this time but i will after fireforming

Comment

• mel
                Chieftain
                • Nov 2019

so i put 10 aside that werent loaded yet and i annealed those before loading . i think i finally found a use for the mountian of staball 6.5 i have im going to use it with the 90g fmj's i have for the arc to fireform, there is no load data for 90g/6.5 staball for arc but the data starts at 100/103g bullets which max is a compressed load of 30.7 with a pressure of 49.8k , so ill drop to 29 or29.5g and let them fly for the fireforming step.

the only rifle i use the 6.5 staball in is my 6.5 creedmoor and being i have 20+ pounds of it and the fact i only shoot that rifle a handful of times a year perfect way to conserve my arc powders, i need to see if i can come up with a 6.5 staball combo that will also work in the gren for fireforming lrp brass for it

though that 6.5 staball powder may come in handy if i ever build my 6.5-06 or 6mm-06
                Last edited by mel; 05-05-2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2016

IMG_20210607_181816_copy_420x485.jpg
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• StoneHendge
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2016

IMG_20210708_162236_copy_1000x486.jpg*

I'm not expecting the accuracy to be repeatable but got to think it should hold MOA and work just fine for practice on 2-3 MOA steel at 300 and save the 95s for 400-500. We'll see next week. 5x brass was used and switched over to the CCI 200s. Seating tension is starting to feel a little light but expected since they were fireformed as 6.5 and went to 2-3x as 6.5 before another neck down. They all pass the bench press test.

IMG_20210708_161911_copy_388x517.jpg

* Note that no barrels were thermofitted in the making of these groups. Just a good old fashioned unlapped AeroPrecision Monolithic upper filled with gasket shellac to take out the slop.
                    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
                    X