• Azsportsman
    Unwashed
    • Sep 2020

Looking for loads to start with

• LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

AZS:

There is a sticky containing common Grendel loads.

The Reloading forum has dozens of threads on 'starting' loads and components.

You will also find hunting loads if you search the Hunting forum. Particularly hog hunting. Personally, I would read the various threads on the hunting forum because the guys give detailed information about loads and results.

You can do some research and tell us what you intend on using for starting loads and let the guys who have experience with the bullets and powder comment. That is probably your best bet to get an answer.

LR55

Comment

• Azsportsman
      Unwashed
      • Sep 2020

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
      AZS:

There is a sticky containing common Grendel loads.

The Reloading forum has dozens of threads on 'starting' loads and components.

You will also find hunting loads if you search the Hunting forum. Particularly hog hunting. Personally, I would read the various threads on the hunting forum because the guys give detailed information about loads and results.

You can do some research and tell us what you intend on using for starting loads and let the guys who have experience with the bullets and powder comment. That is probably your best bet to get an answer.

LR55

Thanks for the reply. I'll post some results as soon as I get some loads worked up.

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Azsportsman View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I'll post some results as soon as I get some loads worked up.
        AZS:

Best bet is to say what you want to test before going to the reloading press.

Also, you may want to post this on the Hunting thread so the Hog Hunters can see it. I would if I were after hunting loads like you are.

If you do go to the Hunting thread with you question, I will lock this one just to keep things orderly. If you stay here -- no problem.

LR55

Comment

Working...
        X