• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • curs1
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2020

Shipping of powder

Looking for advice .I found a Gus shop apparently with some cfe223 in stock so I asked if they shipped as they were in Florida and I am in Georgia . Payment was made by PayPal,as requested . Well this evening I received a email supposedly from USPS requesting some stamp or hazmat charges which will be refunded after package was received . I told 5e guy it was a scam but I was wanting to check here first and see if law had changed I always thought shipping powder USPS wa a no no
    Thanks in advance for your input
    Evan
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

Shipping of powder via USPS is definitely a no-no. Use of PayPal for ammo or any reloading supplies is also forbidden by their terms of service.....
    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Rosecrans1
      Warrior
      • Feb 2019

You and Stonehendge are correct. The USPS does not accept explosives and ammunition. They accept only a very limited amount and kinds of hazmats. So unless that gun shop was foolish enough to try to ship an undeclared hazardous material through the postal service, (which I highly doubt), it's a scam email. Paypal may reject a shipment or payment if it has anything to do with guns. Most likely, if the gun shop sent you an email to route the PAYPAL Payment, it probably doesn't have any referance to it being a "Gun Shop".
      Delete the email! If you have a tracking number for the shipment, track it. It's going to be most likely FedEx Ground or UPS Ground. Check your computer or phone and update your security. Very suspicious that you got an email like that right after a transaction. Better yet, look at the integrity of the shop you bought from. Google it for reviews. Check the address. Follow through on this just in case.

Comment

Working...
      X