• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

Originally posted by riuma View Post
    I hate to be the cloud on a sunny day but my experiences with nickel plated brass have kept me away from it for the last 30 years. Difficult to size consistently. Very difficult if not impossible to anneal. I still have 200 pcs of Federal 308 Nickel plated match brass someplace left over from my last foray into nickeled cases.
    I avoid it still.~Riuma
    I find it much easier to work with. I've necked down 300 pieces to 6mm thus far and it was far easier than the brass Hornady I've done previously. Didn't feel much different than neck sizing bolt gun brass. I've also used a very large lot of nickel plated Speer brass in 40 S&W for years (primarily to differentiate it from 10mm) and it's always been easy to size in a carbide die. As to annealing, I'm not an annealer but I can imagine it could add a wrinkle to the process.
    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Yondering
      Warrior
      • May 2017

Comment

• riuma
        Warrior
        • Jun 2018

How many cases have you annealed so far? Maybe they have changed plating. I hope it continues to work for you.~Riuma

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

Originally posted by mel View Post
          lol yes they are
          IMG_20201225_180308_copy_571x432.jpg
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• StoneHendge
            Chieftain
            • May 2016

Be prepared for sticker shock, but they have more. Probably a fair price since it's the first new Grendel brass I've seen since the last time Midway had it up: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023262998?pid=607991
            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• 37L1
              Warrior
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
              Be prepared for sticker shock, but they have more. Probably a fair price since it's the first new Grendel brass I've seen since the last time Midway had it up: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023262998?pid=607991
              This product is currently
              Out of Stock, No Backorder

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]17382[/ATTACH]
                I think your tagline is wrong. You've arrived. Long ago, shee-sho.
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                X