• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Barnes is discontinuing 2 6.5mm bullets

Just received notification from MidwayUSA that Barnes 6.5mm, 100 gr tac-tx and 120 gr, tac-tx, are being discontinued.
    No information yet on the ttsx versions of these pills.
    Sierra bought Barnes from Remington out of its recent bankruptcy liquidation.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

now that sucks,,,,,probably the result of remington selling off Barnes

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Doesnt surprise me.

Although helping a friend do some loads up with 120 ttsx and tac-tx a few weeks ago, I could see any difference between them. Almost positive they are the same bullet, just marketed diffrently.

Comment

• tdbru
        Warrior
        • Dec 2019

i called barnes once and talked to someone there about ttsx vs tac-tx. He said same bullet. different colored tip. marketed to different end users. LE purchasing depts. were encouraged to buy LE labeled products. legal differences between using sporting ammo with bullets designed for "maximum tissue damage" vs. LE marketed ammo designed to "stop the threat". we can thank lawyers for that. anyway, no difference other than the color of the tip, and the packaging color/labeling.

i hope that doesn't mean that the ttsx versions of the same thing are going away?
        -tdbru

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

I hope not also. Maybe Sierra is just pruning out basically duplicates, and make the remainders stronger. I like the 100 Ttsx.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• tdbru
            Warrior
            • Dec 2019

i like the 100gr. ttsx/tac-tx for the 6.5 Gr too.
            -tdbru

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
              I hope not also. Maybe Sierra is just pruning out basically duplicates, and make the remainders stronger. I like the 100 Ttsx.
              If they do get rid of it. The 100 grain tipped trex by maker us a great substitute for the ttsx, lil lower min expansion speed and lil higher bc level.

They used to be perrty closely priced to the ttsx bullets, dont know about right now in this market.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
                Warrior
                • Aug 2015

Phew,

I just got 200 of the Tac-X 120gr. A2

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by tdbru View Post
                  i called barnes once and talked to someone there about ttsx vs tac-tx. He said same bullet. different colored tip. marketed to different end users. LE purchasing depts. were encouraged to buy LE labeled products. legal differences between using sporting ammo with bullets designed for "maximum tissue damage" vs. LE marketed ammo designed to "stop the threat". we can thank lawyers for that. anyway, no difference other than the color of the tip, and the packaging color/labeling.

i hope that doesn't mean that the ttsx versions of the same thing are going away?
                  -tdbru
                  NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                  X