• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runner gunner
    Bloodstained
    • May 2019

Swapping bullets in Wolf steel cases

Needing some advice/direction. I've got a pretty good supply of the Wolf steel case 100 gr ammo. I'm wanting to pull the bullets and replace them with 90 grain TNT's for hog hunting. I plan to just swap out the bullets and reuse the powder and primers of the steel case stuff. I vaguely remember seeing this done somewhere. Has anyone on here done this? Any major obstacles or problems? Appreciate any help you can provide.
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

There are two or three threads on this forum under the title "Moscow Match". If you have more time than money, (or in 2020 you're just low on primers) this is a good option. You'll need a good collett bullet puller. Since the Wolf bullets are undersized at .262, the case mouths will shave the jacket of a .264 bullet is you're doing a true pull/push (pull one bullet and push in another). Many of us chamfered the mouth before pushing in the new bullet. I went so far as to dump powder and do a complete load work up with the 90 TNTs. Read up and have fun. https://www.65grendel.com/forum/sear...archid=3424969

Speer_MM_.jpg
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• runner gunner
      Bloodstained
      • May 2019

Great info. Thanks for the lead.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

I did it with some 100 grain net's.

I pulled them dumped and measured the powder to find a nice solid average weight, used my sizing die too rework the case neck, chamfered then recharged at the average and seated the bullets.

Worked well but in the end was more of a pain in the but then was worth it. I just started useing my brass catcher while I was hunting and keep from loseing my brass.

Comment

• runner gunner
          Bloodstained
          • May 2019

Comment

• mel
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2019

10$ brass catcher off ebay lot less work lol , i do alot of nighttime shooting/hunting so it always go with me like everyone else got tired of loosing brass

Comment

• Oso Polaris
              Warrior
              • Apr 2019

I tried to focus on the brass catcher, but kept getting distracted counting flashlight and guestimating their weight, and then I was trying to decide whether I liked the Purple or Red better. How does the catcher affix to rifle... metal clip, velcro or picatinny rail mount?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Oso Polaris View Post
                I tried to focus on the brass catcher, but kept getting distracted counting flashlight and guestimating their weight, and then I was trying to decide whether I liked the Purple or Red better. How does the catcher affix to rifle... metal clip, velcro or picatinny rail mount?
                Mine has a rail mount that the brass catcher locks into, it's a caldwell.

Comment

• mel
                  Chieftain
                  • Nov 2019

Originally posted by Oso Polaris View Post
                  the one mounted to the scope isnt heavy but that ir illuminator under the barrel is heavy af but i can also see beyond 1000y with it well worth the wieght its adds , mine attaches with a velcro strap , its never come loose for me, it wraps and tightens around the handgaurd and has a metal arm that holds everything else in place , i got that style because my other night vision scope i use wont allow the pic rail mounted type cather to mount to the rifle with that scope on it

Comment

• Javman
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2016

Pulled some 123 wolf ammo and replaced them with 123 ELDMs and shot a lot better. Left powder charge alone.

Comment

Working...
                    X