• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • outbreaker
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Fess View Post
    Henry at 9-Hole Reviews has begun a series he calls "Speedway" where he rapidly puts two hits on targets from 100 to 650 yards (in 50 yard increments) with a bonus at 720 yards. On a couple of runs with suppressed rifles, he noted that the mirage created by the hot suppressor made seeing the targets difficult. He has performed tests on some rifles with suppressors both on and off and the effect on accuracy seems to vary from combination to combination. Accuracy got worse with a the suppressor on at least one.
    If I am shooting strings the cover on the suppressor makes a big difference. I can really see the mirage when I shoot a naked suppressor.

Comment

• Bonas
      Warrior
      • Mar 2022

The testing I've done on my rifles doesn't show a consistent improvement in group size with a silencer. Some loads shoot a little better with it, others shoot a little worse. I use a quick attach mount. I think if you want to pursue precision at longer ranges with a silencer, it's best to go direct thread and leave it on the rifle. I've never gotten confident enough with my DOPE on the POI shift to count on hitting small targets past 300 yards or so with the can coming on and off the rifle.

Comment

Working...
      X