• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redraider
    Warrior
    • May 2012

load information source

Hi All,

I have seen many forum entries that when talking load data, there are several mentions of % case fill information. Where is this info found?

Sorry for dumb question, but this intrigues me and I can't seem to find it, or I am looking right at it and just don't see it!!!

Thanks

Redraider
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Quickload

Comment

• Harpoon1
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
      Hi All,

I have seen many forum entries that when talking load data, there are several mentions of % case fill information. Where is this info found?

Sorry for dumb question, but this intrigues me and I can't seem to find it, or I am looking right at it and just don't see it!!!

Thanks

Redraider

The Nosler Reloading Manual gives load density % as well. It can be accessed online for free!

Explore the world of Nosler, renowned for crafting the finest bullets, ammunition, rifles, and brass. Discover our extensive lineup, including Partition, AccuBond, E-Tip, Ballistic Tip, Custom Competition, and more. Experience superior quality and performance with Nosler products.

Comment

• Klem
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Harpoon1 View Post
        The Nosler Reloading Manual gives load density % as well. It can be accessed online for free!

https://load-data.nosler.com/load-data/65-grendel/
        True, and this is helpful but as long as the OP is aware QL gives you the load volume for your cartridges and not just two or three default case volumes, and for only a few powders.

Once you have weighed the water in a few fired cases that have been sized to your rifle's specs (not the manufacturer's default) you can do what-if's for any calibre, bullet, powder and OAL. While QL's pressure/velocity predictions are contentious its ability to calculate case volume is precise.

The difference is you pay for QL but Nosler is free.

Comment

Working...
        X