• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unlucky7
    Unwashed
    • May 2018

Any difference other than BC

Been trying to get some bullets . Looking at Hornady 129s for my machine . They work well . Now that they are hard to come by, is there any difference between the SSTs , Interbond and Interlock other than BC. The SSTs are the only ones I have used but will to try others
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Interlock is a lead tip as I recall, small boat tail. The interbond is a tougher bullet but still has the poly tip, a bit more premium of a bullet.
    Reloading wise they pretty much use the same load tables, but because of the different ogives may need to seat them relatively deeper into the case or not.
    IMO the closest performance to the sst would be the interbond. But any of them could do well in your barrel.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• 65GbySeven
      Warrior
      • Dec 2018

Comment

• Razorback
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2020

The Interbond is a bonded bullet. Which helps in hunting to deter jacket separation. It also has a polymer tip that aids in expansion. It does not have a cannelure.

The Interlock is a soft lead tip hunting bullet with a cannelure. They work great, I use them for hunting!

The SST's are polymer tip bullets with it is a polymer tipped bullet with a cannelure, that is NOT bonded.

All 3 bullets are hunting bullets that is their application. The differences being cost and B.C.'s. I believe the SST's and interbond share the same B.C. where as the interlock has a lower B.C. They all share the same S.D. of .264. They all share the same load data.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
          X