• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sqeezeatrigger
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2016

Federal Fusion

Good day everyone, I am not a reloader but have bud's that do-- my most accurate groups have come from Federal Fusion rounds. Federal doesn't sell the 6.5 fusion bullets and I'm looking for bullets that are very similar. Are the Speer Gold Dots a close match? My rifle has an Alexander Arms 16" barrel . Thanks for any information
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Speer LE's rifle lineup is the optimal choice for law enforcement. View our Gold Dot or Lawman ammunition.
    Last edited by VASCAR2; 01-24-2021, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
      Warrior
      • Nov 2018

Fusion and Gold Dot are the exact same bullet except Gold Dot has been dusted with hexagonal boron nitride (HBN).

HBN is a lubricant.

Comment

• sqeezeatrigger
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2016

Thank you!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Fusion and gold dots are not the same bullet, but very close relatives.

They are both a soft bonded bullet with a skived tip.

The gold dot has a better bc number due to its sleeker ojive. It will hold its speed a bit better.

The fusion uses its bonded core and a crimp on the jacket to try and hold its core together.

From what I have seen on my kills with both rounds. The gold dot retains more of its weight even though it expands as much as the fusion.

The fusion's I have killed with have leavt large chunks in the meat when they go completely through. Most of the kills I had with fusions. The bullet was under the hid on the offside of the animal.

I have yet to recover a gold dot. They just smash clean through everything I shoot.

If your AA barrel is like the ones I have used. It will love the gold dot.

Comment

Working...
          X