• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Popeye212
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2018

Price gouging primers

Got a notice from Ammoseek for GM205M's 1000 for $299.95. Put them in the cart, thought about it for a minute then canceled it. .30 cents a primer three times the normal price. Not going to enable sellers like these. Your thoughts?
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Same here.

Comment

• m796rider
        Warrior
        • Jul 2011

Yep, same same. Not paying those prices. I have a stash of ammo and handloading supplies so I'm good for now, but I foresee lots of dry fire practice in my future...

Comment

• mdram
          Warrior
          • Sep 2016

i'll wait fo a lower price
          just some targets for printing
          https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• lazyengineer
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2019

First off, you made the right decision.

Philisophically, my own take is a little different on irritation at retailers and sellers right now. The an out-of-control run on everything, is of course causing the lack of availbility. It snow-balls. If you see anything anywhere, even if you don't have that caliber - people will buy every box they can now. It's crazy. The only way to get the situation back under control, is for their to actually be enough inventory on shelves, at a reliably enough stocking rate; for people to regain confidence that they can purchase on-demand. And the only way that can be recovered, is for stores to start floating prices up to current supply/demand rates.

By Ammoseek having those primers available, and me being able to go buy them right now, they also set the price cealing. It means any jackasses that buys out at the correct 3 cents/primer by camping out, and then flipping it - now can't exceed 30 cents/primer. What will happen now, is that next week it will be 20 cents / primer, if none of those move. And then 15 cents. And it's the fastest way for us to resettle on the new price structure.

Also, as we all know: with the political and market changes - the price structure of 3 cents/primer is gone. If the .22 LR insanity from last decade is any indicator, it will take at least 5 years for things to resettle from today to a new actual-low; IF a Republican wins the white-house in 4 years. The .22 run was absolutely insaine; there was no reason for it - but people went crazy for years... over .22LR. That lasted almost 6 years. This will be much worse, as this time there's actual reason for people to stock-pile. So, I'm glad you didn't buy it. Because now it will stay on the shelf. And it's one step to at least trying to get things back under control.

Also, on the topic of reselling; I have considerable enmity to anyone purchasing scarce items right now specifically to resell it; and won't shed tears for them if ATF gets on them for practicing without a license (though would never be the one to drop a dime). But I will say, anyone who has surplus stock from 2019, and is willing to part with it for a primium today, actually IS helping. They are providing at least some sort of a safety valve, and doing so in a market condition where their replenisment rate is spotty. So we are all seeing grossely overpriced things on the exchange forums and gunbrokers - and I know that causes reactions. But so long as it's pre 2019 inventory, I have no problems with it. If anyone thinks 2019 pricing will ever be applicable again; they are dreaming. The days of 25 cent .223 are gone forever. It might come back to 40 cent 223 in 5 or 6 years, we'll see. That's assuming no executive orders on importation and other legislation doesn't further wreck the supply chain.

Anyway - just my own take after going through these rides a few times. Thanks for reading.
            Last edited by lazyengineer; 02-04-2021, 04:05 PM.
            4x P100

Comment

• TedBrewer5
              Warrior
              • Dec 2019

I kinda wish the retailers would hold back primers and build a huge inventory before they release it. Everyone would buy until it hurts and not afford any more. There would be no one to buy price gouged primers

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• mdram
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2016

Originally posted by TedBrewer5 View Post
                  I kinda wish the retailers would hold back primers and build a huge inventory before they release it. Everyone would buy until it hurts and not afford any more. There would be no one to buy price gouged primers
                  people would bu 50-100k at a time, then flip them

i would like to see weekly or monthly limits, not just daily. easy for online retailers to do

Comment

• TedBrewer5
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2019

Comment

• Popeye212
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2018

CCI 450's did come up at a "normal" I just missed em by 7 minutes. I have enough to last me at least three months. As long as I don't go mag dumping. I can wait.

Comment

• mdram
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2016

man, everglades just dropped a ton of powder, all over $50/lb

Comment

• TedBrewer5
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2019

Comment

• sundowner
                            Chieftain
                            • Nov 2017

I'll wait it out have over 2000 primers now .

Comment

• Happy2Shoot
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Popeye212 View Post
                              CCI 450's did come up at a "normal" I just missed em by 7 minutes. I have enough to last me at least three months. As long as I don't go mag dumping. I can wait.
                              Where?

Comment

Working...
                              X