you ran across 500 107 grain moly sierra bullets,,,what do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

you ran across 500 107 grain moly sierra bullets,,,what do you do?

ill tell you what im doing,,,,loading them up! this is gonna be good
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

i am pulling the bullets on many rounds of factory wolf steel case ammo and chamfering lightly the case and inserting the 107 grain sierra moly coated bullet. i am going to fire these thru a new 22 inch alexander arms barrel and tes thru a chronographer( i have two in a row} and see if i can get groups,,,,i would like the hear what guesses would be as to feet per second out the barrel and if accurate at all,,,,,your estimate?

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Find a friend that wants them so he can buy them and keep looking for better bullets for my needs.

Comment

• dammitman
          Warrior
          • Dec 2012

uno i cannot even find these for sale anymore on the sierra website. discontinued maybe?

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Comment

• lazyengineer
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2019

The 107 SMK IMHO is THE bullet for the Grendel. I'm not a moly guy, but I'd be tickled pink to find 'em!
              4x P100

Comment

• JCSC
                Warrior
                • Sep 2019

Comment

• Oryx
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2021

I just bought 1,000 and plan on testing. No real desire for Moly and may try to reduce some of the factory coating. Biggest gripes in the past regarding moly seemed to be around attracting moisture, cleaning and load adjustments. all pretty manageable. I've shot some in the past without any issues but mostly used HBN at the time. Haven't really messed with any of it in a few years.
                  In these times you have to make do I guess.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                    Warrior
                    • May 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                    Find a friend that wants them so he can buy them and keep looking for better bullets for my needs.
                    What A5 said.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
                      Warrior
                      • May 2017

Along with the unexpected barrel damage from attracting moisture. If you use them be ready to clean well!
                      I heeded all of the negative things that I read, and never used Moly.

Comment

• Oryx
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jan 2021

some more complete information on Moly in the link below. I have removed the majority of the coating, but I'm pretty sure that It would take a considerable effort to remove it all.

I have used it in the past, without any damage or pitting to barrels, but it did require a lot of cleaning. With the majority of the coating removed it should reduce some of the risk and cleaning. Like I said, I've never had any damage in the past and clean well and am not overly worried. Barrels are replaceable and wear over time anyway.

Comment

Working...
                        X