• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
    Midway lists 83 6.5mm projectiles alone. The 156 Oryx I saw blew a 4" exit in a very large rabbit this winter in Finland at 100yds. It was a beautiful shot, and that rabbit was huge-like a small deer. The shooter used a 6.5x55 Swede, so I'm thinking the load was running no faster than 2300fps, especially since it was so cold that night with temps around -25 Celcius.
    You must be a popular guy- your PM box is full.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• rickOshay
      Warrior
      • Apr 2012

Here is an updated list of the 6.5mm bullets. First section is by manufacturer, and the second is by bullet weight, then by BC.

Do we cut it off at 140 gr to be a grendel only list? It's all 6.5 mm that I could find as is.

The "LR Has" column is for the projos LRRPF52 has in his collection for the group photo. I need to update it, but please send the photo and I'll add it to the list.

Comment

That was a lot of work!

Thanks!

I, for one, feel that the heavier bullets, especially the heaviest, need to be included. Remember we have an ongoing thread discussing subsonic loads for the Grendel using 180 grain bullets.

Comment

• rickOshay
          Warrior
          • Apr 2012

Thanks - that's how I spent 4 hours on a plane from Atlanta to San Diego.

It's now updated with the LRRPF52 post on page 7 of this thread.

Here's the updated link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34132774/Gre...0Selection.pdf

Going to need someone to double check the list and the categories: H for hunting, T for target, and V for varmint
          Last edited by rickOshay; 05-14-2012, 03:49 AM.

Comment

As one who spent way too many hours on passenger planes, I hear you! I spent much of my time reading fiction or history. That helped me avoid getting into discussions about work.

You spent your time wisely...

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Nice work! Thanks for your effort.

One suggestion- if there are additional updates put a date somewhere on it to prevent mix-ups.
              Last edited by txgunner00; 05-14-2012, 04:37 AM.

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post
                Thanks - that's how I spent 4 hours on a plane from Atlanta to San Diego.

It's now updated with the LRRPF52 post on page 7 of this thread.

Here's the updated link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34132774/Gre...0Selection.pdf

Going to need someone to double check the list and the categories: H for hunting, T for target, and V for varmint
                Holy spreadsheets Batman! Thank you sir! That is much appreciated! Thanks to everyone so far that has pitched-in with this. Since guys have been getting amazing results with the 160gr Hornady Round Nose in subsonic, I guess there is no reason to limit our weight range.

I also now have:

100gr AMAX
                123gr Nosler Custom Competition
                130gr Norma Golden Target (I will be looking at these projectiles for load development in the future)
                140gr Berger Match VLD Target
                144gr Lapua FMJ

There are a lot of bullets on that list gents. It's going to be fun just taking pictures of half of these and labeling them.

Thanks again everyone for collaborating on this. I'm going to ask my friends in Finland if I can get examples of as many Lapua bullets as possible while I'm there this summer.

You guys are awesome!
                Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2012, 05:36 AM. Reason: More bullets

Comment

• txgunner00
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Crap- this just reminded me I haven't mailed you the bullets I promised. They will go out tomorrow.

I will also drop in a 160 gr Sierra Pro Hunter for kicks. Unfortunately it's no longer in production.
                  Last edited by txgunner00; 05-14-2012, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Just label them so I know which is which. The pile of baggies and bullets has grown into a project in and of itself. Thanks again!

Comment

• Variable
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Did you get the 85 and 123gr. Sierra's I sent you?
                      Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                      We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• rickOshay
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
                        Nice work! Thanks for your effort.

One suggestion- if there are additional updates put a date somewhere on it to prevent mix-ups.
                        I will date the sheets - good point.

Comment

• txgunner00
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                          Just label them so I know which is which. The pile of baggies and bullets has grown into a project in and of itself. Thanks again!
                          Did that with sharpie marker.

Comment

Originally posted by Variable View Post
                            Did you get the 85 and 123gr. Sierra's I sent you?
                            Pretty sure I haven't seen these yet. If they were sent later last week, I should see them today or tomorrow.

Comment

• txgunner00
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

They are in the mail.

Comment

• rickOshay
                                Warrior
                                • Apr 2012

File has been updated with additional projos in the "collection". Also, the date has been added.

Comment

Working...
                                X