• Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
    I was thinking of using some foam padding on the deflector actually
    Zene,

You could fix the cause rather than the symptoms. Then there is no need to attach anything unusual hanging off your gun, constantly reminding you there's something wrong with it. Trimming the spring eliminates the problem and costs no more time than gluing a foam pad to the outside. It is pretty easy, there are threads on this forum explaining what to do.

Comment

• Zeneffect
      Chieftain
      • May 2020

Read about this, will proceed in removing 1 coil at a time until resolved. Thanks for the tip, awesome as always.

Comment

• DCC83501
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2019

I've got plenty of moleskin so it's real easy to slip a little bit on the deflector. Works very well. I hate dented case mouths.

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
          Read about this, will proceed in removing 1 coil at a time until resolved. Thanks for the tip, awesome as always.
          Zene,

Smart move, a little at a time until the dents are gone. That will work.

Regardless, it's a low risk fix given replacement springs are $2 (Brownells). What I did was carefully take the ejector out, push the spring back in so it sits hard against the end of the tunnel, let it sit slack and note how many coils sit proud of the mouth on the bolt face. It's about 2 coils. Cut that amount off and Bob's your uncle.

Comment

• grendelnubi
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

I had an issue with my 18" Odin Works barrel where the case mouth was getting dented from the deflector. I accidentally resolved the dent problem while trying to resolve a short cycling issue with my AR Comp / 129 ABLR combo when the temps got cold. I ended up opening my gas block a turn and it fixed both issues.

I'm sure removing a coil would be another way but the adjusting the gas block maybe a better way to resolve the case extraction timing issue.

Comment

Working...
            X