X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Look at your kids, do it for them. Don't do it for yourself, do it for those who love and will miss you.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
      Warrior
      • May 2017

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
      On the factory coil, with sock, I've annealed about 1000 cases so far, busted almost 100 bolts, heated up things like titanium just to see what works. I've only gotten the coil to smoke, and that's only from the black heat shrink stuff they use for the sock. Total run time is well over 24 hours of usage on a single glue coil without any notable issues.

When I say i try stupid things, I mean it. Yesterday I couldn't find my lighter so I heated a 223 case to red hot/destroyed just to light a cigarette.
      Well, at least you didn't set your hat on fire using a mapp torch.

Comment

• Zeneffect
        Chieftain
        • May 2020

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
        Well, at least you didn't set your hat on fire using a mapp torch.
        Only because that bottle was empty. The torch is usually my first stop.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
          Warrior
          • May 2017

Originally posted by Zeneffect View Post
          Addiction is a mofo. I know I need to quit. If you know of any smoking cessation methods that don't involve withdrawl/ultra rage I'm all ears (quite serious about it, been trying to quit and failing)
          Get the patch, the clear ones from Walmart, FOLLOW the directions, and get your primary care guy to prescribe a 2-1/2mg dose of diazepam when/if needed, it works fast and lasts long enough to get you over the situation. You probably will be disappointed if you expect to catch a buzz off off it, but avoid driving etc. for about an hour or so after taking it. Trying to "ride it out" cold turkey doesn't work. This will work, but you have to want to quit. Don't make it any bigger than it has to be. Just approach it as a job that needs to get done. Some nicotine gum can also help, but you need a place to spit, like snuff, you don't want to be swallowing the juice, so, not very convenient. It takes longer to break the habit of using than it does the physical addiction, but it can be done. Your body will clean itself up faster than you think. Just remember, once an addict, always an addict, but that doesn't mean once a USER, always a USER. Sometimes it takes more than one try, so what, try again! if you need to, you're not a criminal or weakling of some sort because you got hung on tobacco. Cripes, through the '50's '60's and '70's they were were spending millions of dollars to get us hung on this shit. And for many of us, they did! Some folks can turn it off like a light switch, others can't. We are all individuals when it comes to this kind of thing, so try not to get discouraged.
          Good luck man, you have my support!
          Last edited by Mad Charlie; 06-07-2021, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
            Warrior
            • May 2017

Originally posted by Klem View Post
            Look at your kids, do it for them. Don't do it for yourself, do it for those who love and will miss you.
            MUCH easier to say than do! This one of the most addictive chemicals known!
            Last edited by Mad Charlie; 06-07-2021, 03:44 AM.

Comment

• grayfox
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2017

Bit of an older thread, so reviving it a bit.
              I have been slowly getting the parts together, the inductor-wand thingy, the counter, bullet box, and so on.
              I wanted to update y'all however, for my extra coils I found 5m of #10 awg solid (really, house-wire for grounds, but who's lookin'?)
              and some 3mm hi-temp fiberglass sheathing, so I can roll 3-4-5, maybe, of my own. #10 is 2.59mm diameter, the sheathing is 3mm so that's as close as I could get. #9 awg was closer to 3mm (2.91) but couldn't find any so I went with the #10.

1, 41" uncoiled wire on amazon will do one 4-wrap inductor coil (well, I cut 3/4" off of one end), so getting a few of those seemed expensive, ergo, find parts and improvise. And the pre-wound ones, WOW!!! they were next to impossible for me to un-bend/straighten out. So will leave them as-is.

I've got a 750* tempstik so in a couple days I will start time-testing brass, 6.5 grendel, 6Arc, maybe some 308 and 6.5 creed also.
              "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• PNWTargets
                Warrior
                • Dec 2019

Anyone using a AMP MK.2 Annealer?

Comment

• Zeneffect
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2020

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                  Bit of an older thread, so reviving it a bit.
                  I have been slowly getting the parts together, the inductor-wand thingy, the counter, bullet box, and so on.
                  I wanted to update y'all however, for my extra coils I found 5m of #10 awg solid (really, house-wire for grounds, but who's lookin'?)
                  and some 3mm hi-temp fiberglass sheathing, so I can roll 3-4-5, maybe, of my own. #10 is 2.59mm diameter, the sheathing is 3mm so that's as close as I could get. #9 awg was closer to 3mm (2.91) but couldn't find any so I went with the #10.

1, 41" uncoiled wire on amazon will do one 4-wrap inductor coil (well, I cut 3/4" off of one end), so getting a few of those seemed expensive, ergo, find parts and improvise. And the pre-wound ones, WOW!!! they were next to impossible for me to un-bend/straighten out. So will leave them as-is.

I've got a 750* tempstik so in a couple days I will start time-testing brass, 6.5 grendel, 6Arc, maybe some 308 and 6.5 creed also.
                  Don't bother with the other Temps. I ended up with 3 different bottles of tempilaq to satisfy paranoia, it was a complete waste of money. Induction is so localized and quick its almost not worth thinking about the heat soak.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

Good to know. I did get 3 others down around 350-400 for another job I thought I would do but it didn't pan out... so they are sitting in my tool kit.
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X