• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDW
    Warrior
    • Jul 2018

Midway now shows Federal Premium 6.5G unprimed brass as "discontinued"

JusAt least they show the 50-ct bags of it as discontinued. I've had a 'notify me' for this brass on their site for a while now.

MidwayUSA's page

I don't know if Federal has actually not to sell any unprimed brass for a while or what. Or if this is just a Midway thing. For months they listed it as "arriving soon", which sounded promising obviously. Better than just "out of stock".

I've read it wasn't the best brass for longevity anyway, but like most people nowadays, I'll take what I can get so long as the price is somewhat reasonable (considering the current market price for Grendel brass).
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

I dont think I have ever seen Midway have the federal grendel brass instock since they first said they were producing it.

In fact I think it has said coming soon for several years now.

Comment

• Sandi5i7
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2021

Received that email as well. I managed to find some lapua about a month ago. But nothing available since.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

Yeah.
        Never seen any of it aside from their own loaded ammo.
        Starline, Hornady, Lapua, etc, better bets.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• SDW
          Warrior
          • Jul 2018

Thanks for the info everyone. I had no idea it had never been seen by anyone here. FWIW, some websites show pictures of it in 50-ct bags for retail sale, so it must have been available in some lots/years anyway.

My only interest in it really it use it as ammo for a certain rifle I have. Just to keep things separate. That was the idea anyway. LOL I have 50 cases of Fed left over from a box of American Eagle TNT varmint ammunition. Seems kind of lame to have just 50 of one kind of brass. Wouldn't mine 50-100 more, just to build up a supply.

FWIW, I have a decent amount of Hornady and Starline.

Comment

• Dt219
            Warrior
            • Nov 2020

Comment

• Constitutionalist
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

I have 2 pieces of Federal Grendel brass- they were two of the three Grendel range pick-ups I've found in the past 10+ years. They are the only two Federal "anythings" I've seen (other than online) with Grendel on them. Never saw the ammo for sale around here. I have some Starline, a good bit of Hornady and 600 FF 7.62x39mm's so I'm not too concerned.

Comment

Working...
              X