• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tdbru
    Warrior
    • Dec 2019

6.5 Grendel brass??

wanted to load up some ladder tests with some bullets i haven't tried yet.

most of the 6.5 G brass i have already has been loaded.

well, i'll just look online, surely by now someone somewhere might have some brass for sale.

hmmm........... maybe not.....

i'd say the ammo (and components) buying panic is still in full swing.

more makers are listing 6.5 Grendel brass than i've ever seen.

the usually culprits. hornady. Lapua. but now i also see federal, nosler, starline, and even norma as listing 6.5 Grendel brass.

i looked at most of the usual online outlets that i frequently haunt.

zero, zip, nadda...

guess i'll just have to go unload some first, before i can try new recipes.

-tdbru
  • Ak jeff
    Unwashed
    • Jun 2021

Ya got my new psa upper a few weeks ago, looking everywhere for brass myself, been playing with ak brass but the only powder I've found was 2230 and not liking the lr primer signs I'm seeing did get 30 casings formed.good luck to you ,if I come across any brass I'll let you know.

Comment

• Zeneffect
      Chieftain
      • May 2020

Powder and brass pop up every so often, you need patience and persistence. Check every day in the morning and evening. It's like having a 2nd job really...

Comment

• GSPDad
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2021

Nobody is making it in large batches. Starline has it off and on but has literally told me to deal with it and they are focusing on the most popular calibers at the moment. Hornady, forget about it, they won't even answer emails anymore. Until the neckbearding slows down you'll be waiting weeks to months for brass unless you buy it off a scalper/gouger on the forums.

Comment

• 204 AR
          Warrior
          • Sep 2015

I did see some Hornady Black 123 eldm today at a lgs for 25 buck a box. I no longer have a G so passed on it but it's nice to see a few boxes out there. Things are getting better, but are a long long way from good. From what I'm hearing, getting raw materials and a lack of people wanting to work are some of the biggest problems. I've heard even cardboard boxes are hard for them to get. Apparently Hornady is running 3 shifts 24 hours a day, but can't get enough employees to fill the shifts. Until the easy street unemployment checks end people won't get back to work in full force.

Comment

• 204 AR
            Warrior
            • Sep 2015

I'm not liking what I'm seeing for bullet prices online when things are available. Even Midsouth has gone up on most things dramatically.

Comment

Working...
            X