• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TedBrewer5
    Warrior
    • Dec 2019

A2495.

Who of you all has loaded this. Results and findings? Supposed to be similar to 4895. Developed for 308 but also used in 223 with heavier bullets.
  • Rosecrans1
    Warrior
    • Feb 2019

A2495 is hotter than H4895. Here is a link to this same asked question here:

Has anyone ever tried Accurate 2495 in the Grendel? I’ve got a pound of it, and some 107SMK’s. I know it’s not in the handbooks.

And another:

Well Part 1 was certainly exciting. We got some excellent input, and some not so excellent input . But that's just how it is on the internet circa 2019. My next candidate for exploration is a bit more elusive, and considerably more expensive (when considering hazmat fee's). That alone, plus low to negligible visibility, could

Comment

• Old Bob
      Warrior
      • Oct 2019

There was a question about 2495 on the 6mm ARC forum as well. The 6mm ARC is too new & loaded by only one company for there to be much reloading data for the cartridge using powders that may be suitable for it. 2495 seems to be quite suitable for the 6.5 Grendel but seems to have been overlooked by users of the cartridge. Except for the Shooting Times article, there isn't any published data out there that I've been able to locate for 2495 & the Grendel. Not even the Grendel handbooks list 2495 loads.
      Last edited by Old Bob; 07-20-2021, 01:50 AM.
      I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• TedBrewer5
        Warrior
        • Dec 2019

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

I've used A2495 with reasonable success with 75s in 5.56 and am going to toy with it in 6 ARC. There has been quite a bit of it in and out of Midway, PV, MidSouth and Hodgdon's site over the last 2 month and it's also shown up locally. It's also represented as a stick version of A2520 so it should presumably have a burn rate suitable for 123s in Grendel. With most of the 123 class Grendel stick powders extremely hard to find, I'm surprised someone else hasn't tried it yet. I had forgotten about that Shooting Times article which at least gives a reference point. Starting out at around 24/24.5 grains and going to 27 would be a good start (he states he would have preferred his 27.5 gr charge to be 0.5 gr lower). I haven't gotten to the point of seeing how much fits in an ARC or Grendel case, but based on what I've gotten into a 6x45 case, I don't think volume would be a problem.
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• EastTNHunter
            Warrior
            • Jul 2021

Sierra has some 2495 load data here:

Test Specifications/ Components Firearm Used: Universal Receiver Barrel Length: 24” Twist: 1-8’’ Case: Hornady Trim-to Length: 1.506’’ Primer: Winchester WSR Remarks: Appearing on the scene in 2002…

I had considered it at one point, but velocity was a little low compared to other powders

Comment

Working...
            X