• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

Shooters World has new manual

At a quick glance I didn't see anything new for the 6.5 Grendel. I think he mixed up my request for 85 & 100gr loads for the 6.5 Grendel with 6.5 Creedmoor as there are 85 & 100gr loads both for Tactical and Match Rifle powders for the 6.5 Creedmoor this time.

Shooters World distributes smokeless powder and propellant to reloaders and competitive shooters. We have a variety of pistol, rifle and shot shell powders.
  • jasper2408
    Warrior
    • Jan 2019

New manual is posted but nothing new for 6.5 Grendel. He put up 85-100gr loads for the 6.5 Creedmoor so maybe he thought I was asking about Creedmoor loads with those bullet weights instead of Grendel. Guess I will email him again and request the lighter bullets in Match and Tactical again.

Shooters World distributes smokeless powder and propellant to reloaders and competitive shooters. We have a variety of pistol, rifle and shot shell powders.

Edit: I emailed him again asking about 6.5 Grendel data.
    Last edited by jasper2408; 10-10-2021, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Harpoon1
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by jasper2408 View Post
      New manual is posted but nothing new for 6.5 Grendel. He put up 85-100gr loads for the 6.5 Creedmoor so maybe he thought I was asking about Creedmoor loads with those bullet weights instead of Grendel. Guess I will email him again and request the lighter bullets in Match and Tactical again.

Edit: I emailed him again asking about 6.5 Grendel data.
      Jasper,

Does he actually answer your emails? All I ever get is crickets! Email, Website, Facebook, nothing, nada, zip! They were supposed to come out with a bunch of Buffalo Rifle reduced load data in 2019. Or at least a formula like Hodgdon H4895 has.

Anyway, thanks for the update.

Comment

• jasper2408
        Warrior
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Harpoon1 View Post
        Jasper,

Does he actually answer your emails? All I ever get is crickets! Email, Website, Facebook, nothing, nada, zip! They were supposed to come out with a bunch of Buffalo Rifle reduced load data in 2019. Or at least a formula like Hodgdon H4895 has.

Anyway, thanks for the update.
        The last time I emailed SW about the smaller bullets he emailed me back asking what bullets that I needed data for. I used the support email last time at first and the lady that runs the Facebook page gave me his company email address. I have gotten a response every time that I have contacted them, from somebody.

Comment

• jasper2408
          Warrior
          • Jan 2019

I contacted SW yesterday and they got back to me today. Here is what they said about the 85-100gr loads for Match and Tactical:

Thanks for taking interest in Shooters World propellants!

Nice catch!

I've found those projectiles, and will be working on those loads this week!

Best regards,

Ken Johnson
          Prospector Training, LLC
          A SAAMI Member Laboratory
          Managing Partner - Ballistics
          Shooters World, LLC
          I have never had any trouble with SW getting back to me.

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

Jasper, ask him when the Match, tactical and Precision powders will hit our shelves again... or can we get a little bit from them?
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• StoneHendge
              Chieftain
              • May 2016

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
              Jasper, ask him when the Match, tactical and Precision powders will hit our shelves again... or can we get a little bit from them?
              I'd wager that he's asking the same question to Lovex. I'm guessing they're filling part of the void left by ADI. At least Precision shows up every now and then. But if you look at Powder Valley's listed prices for Match and Tactical ($21/158), I'd bet they haven't shown up for at least a year.
              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• jasper2408
                Warrior
                • Jan 2019

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                I'd wager that he's asking the same question to Lovex. I'm guessing they're filling part of the void left by ADI. At least Precision shows up every now and then. But if you look at Powder Valley's listed prices for Match and Tactical ($21/158), I'd bet they haven't shown up for at least a year.
                I agree with you StoneHenge. I just watch on Discord and grab it when I can.

When Midsouth gets some in they don't seem to gouge the price. Grafs is usually a couple bucks higher all the time but they don't seem to raise it when they get it in.

Comment

• jasper2408
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2019

Shooters World posted data for 85gr Sierra HP and 100gr Hornady Amax for Tactical and Match Rifle powders. This was in the online Interactive manual only.

Match Load Data.PNG

Tactical Load Data.PNG
                  Last edited by jasper2408; 11-12-2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• ragrendel
                    Bloodstained
                    • Aug 2021

Thanks for the update. I have only used Match Rifle and I like it. Anyone prefer Tactical or have any insights on differences/ similarities between them?

Comment

• jasper2408
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2019

Originally posted by ragrendel View Post
                      Thanks for the update. I have only used Match Rifle and I like it. Anyone prefer Tactical or have any insights on differences/ similarities between them?
                      The best groups that I shot with my 20" Howa chassis was with Tactical and Hornady 123gr ELD-Ms. I got 2531fps avg with that load. That was with the max load of 28.7gr and, of course, work your way up to the max load. I also found a good load around 28.5gr. I think Tactical is cleaner burning than Match.

I like both powders and I also use both powders in my 5.56 guns.

Comment

• Dt219
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2020

Comment

• jasper2408
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2019

I emailed SW about the max load being decreased to 28.6 for Tactical and 123gr bullets to see if that was a mistake. Ken said that he decided to lower the max because of his testing with a different brand of brass. So now the max with Tactical and 123gr bullets is correct at 28.6gr.

The other thing I noticed was with the 129gr Hornady SST bullet. It shows a 120gr Sierra in its place. Ken said that he was retesting all of the Tactical data and ran out of the Hornady 129gr SST bullets so he has to wait until he finds some as they are scarce like everything else. Can't update until he gets some more.

Anyway, that's the story on those two bullets.

Comment

• ErikS
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2017

I have an uncle who can get their powders at 2019 prices.

Anyone ever tried the Match Rifle under an E-Tip 120 or 123 SST? I can't find AR-Comp at even close to reasonable prices.
                            #shareyourspare

Comment

• stonehog
                              Warrior
                              • Oct 2021

Here's a ladder test (2-shot each) with Match Rifle in and 18" Faxon AR barrel. 6.5 Grendel ladder - 120Gold Dot - SW Match Rifle.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X