• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Anyone know about gunnershouse. com?

Anyone know if gunnershouse is legit?
    they are showing cci 450 (altho "blem") for ~$50/1000, and federal large magnum rifle for $90/1000.
    Plus some other primers.
    More "in stock" than I've seen in many a web site for a long time.
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
    Anyone know if gunnershouse is legit?
    they are showing cci 450 (altho "blem") for ~$50/1000, and federal large magnum rifle for $90/1000.
    Plus some other primers.
    More "in stock" than I've seen in many a web site for a long time.

Doesn't look good, from this indicator...
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Thinking maybe they are a scam, watch out if somebody has lots of stuff no one else has...

edit: was posting this as you were posting yours.
      Looks like the old "trust your feelings Luke!" was right!

Comment

• NugginFutz
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2013

If it sounds to good to be true...
        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Bjorn
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2021

If they only take PayPal Family and Friends, Venmo, and other cash type transfers, beware. If you can't pay with a credit card where you might have recourse, it's a suspect site.

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

Guys:

There are a couple of web sites like this one. If you look at the design of the web site, you will notice all of them have the same sort of theme and none of them appear like any real online ammo seller like we know. If you look at their stock, they don't have a lot of items and the ones they do have are all at prices we knew two years ago.

Some of these places say they take bitcoins. That ought to be a real warning. And, bitcoins for primers selling at prices we saw two years ago? Scam city.

LR-55

Comment

• Rosecrans1
              Warrior
              • Feb 2019

These sites prey on the consumer's wants. They put multiple sites up, (like fishing for catfish with multiple rigs), and wait for the right "fish" to come along because THEY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE the site is legit and the more sites they put up, (baits), the more they increase their chances of snagging a sucker!!! Avoid the mentality "I need that and finally, there it is"!
              And they also take advantage of misspelled Google, Bing, etc searches so be careful! If you type in a search box "Middway" in stead of "Midway" or "Brwnwells" in stead of "Brownells", you COULD be shown sites that look very similar to the actual vendor's site but are simply going to steal your name and PayPal or Credit Card info.
              Use shortcuts to reputable online sources. Shop local gun stores or brick & mortor stores that stock reloading and gun supplies. Search for reviews of businesses and if you see warning flags, don't act on impulse! If you see NO INFO on a site..............that is a huge flag. If you see just a little bit of info and it's only a month or two old, again, Red Flag!!!
              They are slick and mostly foreign. Ashame they don't use their talents for more productive uses. They are smart and creative but the appeal of sitting on your ass and stealing from others is apparently more of a rush than being a good person.

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

Comment

• Old Bob
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2019

I ran into one of those websites the other day. They would only take bitcions for payment. I'm like, " Bitcoins? I don't have no stinkin' bitcoins! Adios, pendejos!"
                  I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• Jeffy56
                    Unwashed
                    • Jul 2020

I ran into one using the Herter's name. Claimed to have Hornady 6.5G for a good price. No CC, only Bitcoin, PayPal, Venmo(?) and a few other odd ones.

Comment

• grayfox
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2017

Venmo is owned by paypal.
                      Both of them were involved in scam/ripoffs tried on me, several of them, couple of years ago.
                      Will not use them. Period.

Comment

• myrifle
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                        Venmo is owned by paypal.
                        Both of them were involved in scam/ripoffs tried on me, several of them, couple of years ago.
                        Will not use them. Period.
                        Agreed the only time my account ever got hacked was when I used PayPal to purchase some bullets from mid south shooters.

Never again will I ever use paypal are anything connected to them.

A5 out.

Comment

Working...
                        X