• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SnuffySmiff
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2021

Ammo Site Scam Warning

Still not cheap but a little cheaper than anywhere else I've looked lately and they have a decent selection:

• Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

When I tried to open the link to tacticool ammo, my antivirus software (Bitdefender) says that page is part of a fraud attempt.

Check out these forum entries from Long Range Hunting...

In my search for 6.5 PRC ammo , I came across an unbelievable website call tacticoolammoshop.com. The ammo was very reasonable....Hmmm, and as I went to pay and the site stated no credit card. You could pay with Zelle, paypal or Bitcom.... Hmmm. I called the contract number and a gentlemen...
    Last edited by Old Bob; 11-01-2021, 01:28 PM.
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• Old Bob
      Warrior
      • Oct 2019

More from BBB...

View customer complaints of Tacticool Ammo Shop, BBB helps resolve disputes with the services or products a business provides.
      I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

A couple of weeks ago someone else posted about a similar site.

This Tacticool has all the indicators of a cheat. From a web site that is simplistic through poor word choices and grammar.

Also, they only accept bank transfers and bitcoins?

The BBB reports pretty much sum it up. People with no situational awareness sent their money, got nothing, and can't get their money back.

The fraud is obvious to anyone who looks at their web page.

LR55

Comment

• SnuffySmiff
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2021

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
          A couple of weeks ago someone else posted about a similar site.

This Tacticool has all the indicators of a cheat. From a web site that is simplistic through poor word choices and grammar.

Also, they only accept bank transfers and bitcoins?

The BBB reports pretty much sum it up. People with no situational awareness sent their money, got nothing, and can't get their money back.

The fraud is obvious to anyone who looks at their web page.

LR55

Sorry folks, I looked to see if there were any previous postings about this place

Looks like I'm gonna have to have a serious talk with my bud that recommended this fraud...

My apologies and mods-please delete if warranted.

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

SS:

I actually think it is good to have this post because of the chance that someone who sees this site goes so far as to run a search and finds this thread.

Way more good than harm.

LR-55

Comment

• Geezy
              Unwashed
              • May 2020

Comment

• Stugotz
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2019

Thanks for the heads-up!
                Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
                I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
                Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%

Comment

• PVBoom
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2017

It takes a complete lack of common sense to think a site whose only payment options are bitcoin and bank transfers isnt a scam.

For those who disagree, I've got several river traversing structures for sale.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

If they're not a scam,
                    "Artificial sweetners are safe, WMDs were in I-Rack, and Anna Nicole married for love!!!!" (with TN accent)

~I love that line...
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• SnuffySmiff
                      Unwashed
                      • Feb 2021

Originally posted by PVBoom View Post
                      It takes a complete lack of common sense to think a site whose only payment options are bitcoin and bank transfers isnt a scam.

For those who disagree, I've got several river traversing structures for sale.

Thankfully, I never got that far.

As I told the friend, I was not about to buy 500 rounds of ammo that I did not know if my gun-which BTW, still isn't finished-will shoot accurately.

If y'all would indulge me a bit. Many years ago, I bought my first new .22, a Ruger 10/22 Walmart Special. Stainless w/green gray laminated stock kinda deal. I also bought a brick of CCI Stingers as they were brand new to the

market and the latest, greatest, whiz bang ammo to have...

That Ruger simply would not shoot that load no matter what! I'm talking you could not hit a pie plate @ 40 feet! I was all ready to return the gun or send it to Ruger when a friend (NOT the one above) suggested I try some CCI

SGB's. That load turned that gun-which I was close to wrapping around a telephone pole-into a tack driver! Since then, I buy just 1 or 2 boxes of every commercial load I can get my hands on and try it out until I find the most

accurate. I will then attempt to reload as close to it as possible. Seems the old-timers were right: every gun shoots every load differently and you gotta try them all to see which is the most accurate-in that gun.

Once again, my apologies for not doing my due diligence and if anything hopefully this will keep someone else from losing good money.

FWIW, I sent the shysters a confrontational e-mail and have apparently been blocked from the site or it's been taken down. I figure it will probably be reworked and resurface again.

Be careful out there-the scammers are getting smarter...

Comment

• Mesa1978
                        Warrior
                        • May 2015

When Stingers were new? I remember that, too. A loooong time ago. Those made a Mark I pistol go full auto; sear finally gave up and was replaced.

Comment

• Rick2001
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2021

This website is suspicious too: https://bwjamesongunshop.com/
                          They sell Hornady custom 123 sst at a price too good to be true for the period and the only accepted payments are Western Union, Paypal/zelle or Cryptocurrency/bitcoins
                          Capture.PNG

Comment

• SnuffySmiff
                            Unwashed
                            • Feb 2021

Originally posted by Mesa1978 View Post
                            When Stingers were new? I remember that, too. A loooong time ago. Those made a Mark I pistol go full auto; sear finally gave up and was replaced.
                            Yup, that was 'pert near 30 years ago...

Sure wish I knew then what I know now. But then, don't we all?

Comment

• Mesa1978
                              Warrior
                              • May 2015

Originally posted by SnuffySmiff View Post
                              Yup, that was 'pert near 30 years ago...

Sure wish I knew then what I know now. But then, don't we all?
                              That is the truth. A gunshop offered to sell me a case of 9mm at $3.99 a box 20 years ago, naw, it will always be cheap. Famous last words.

Comment

Working...
                              X